• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Up Today

I'm tired of these old dudes that didn't go to wake forest preaching to me about the wake forest way

Frustration can't be weak. What a dolt.

Also, so much lulz at "The Wake Forest Way." Talk about a generational rift.

I'm older than most of you and I have absolutely no idea what constitutes "The Wake Forest Way." To my knowledge there never has been a consensus.

Opinions are opinions, and generally harmless. They only become dangerous when the holders of one give no validity to the holders of another.

Wellman Out.

Last edited:
Attendance was likely up due to the better schedule and a bump due to the wins over Miami and State.

Donations may have been up because the economy was better. I still think they brought in some ringers to boost the numbers.

Attendance was up because they gave a free ticket to anyone who bought a can of soup at the grocery or showed up at the ticket office a day before the games. Seriously, free tickets galore.

Definitely that too.

Wellman rocks the over 80 demo. He is right ther with Sean Hannity in their adoring eyes.

He noted that basketball attendance was the fourth-highest in the ACC.

Total attendance maybe, but it also helps when you have the 5th largest venue (and very welcoming of opposing fans) of ACC schools in 2012. You'd expect the number to be up there.

UNC 21,750
NCSU 19,557
MD 17,950
UVA 14,593
WFU 14,407

Attendance was up because they gave a free ticket to anyone who bought a can of soup at the grocery or showed up at the ticket office a day before the games. Seriously, free tickets galore.

Those numbers aren't even butts in seats in the Joel, they are just tickets "sold" -- and that includes given away. It is a total sham, and was done so just to have the talking point this year.

Those numbers aren't even butts in seats in the Joel, they are just tickets "sold" -- and that includes given away. It is a total sham, and was done so just to have the talking point this year.

One man's "give away" is another man's "thrown from the rafters."

personally i am so sick of reading quotes by the Strattons in the media - that pisses me off more than Steve Schutt's BS. Remember that he is paid to paint the athletic department in a positive light.

personally i am so sick of reading quotes by the Strattons in the media - that pisses me off more than Steve Schutt's BS. Remember that he is paid to paint the athletic department in a positive light.

Times a million

I'm tired of these old dudes that didn't go to wake forest preaching to me about the wake forest way

Seriously this. The Wake Forest Way is made by the people that went to Wake Forest which is the majority of this board. So the Wake Forest way apparently is to sit complacent for a year while your star program is dismantled, then the next year you figure it can't get worse and must get better there must be a plan in Wellman you still trust, then the third year you finally are apathetic or passionate enough to say fuck this shit, then the fourth year it's fool me once, twice, and three times shame on you, fool me this year fuck you RON WELLMAN OUT. That is the Wake Forest way.

No shit. The author of the piece should have done a follow-up on that and gotten specific numbers for ticket giveaways and real numbers versus tickets sold. How many DC donations have been missed due the shibacle known as Wake hoops?

Nice job on the #freepj billboard palma. Didn't see that one coming. Good statement as to what a real statement billboard needs to look like. No bar graphs or input from phds.

Back