• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Up Today

Apologies if it's been posted already, but I just saw this article for tomorrow's WSJ on reactions to the billboard:

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...cle_2daacc84-5240-11e3-a600-0019bb30f31a.html

Nothing real juicy in there, but at least people besides us are talking about it.

According to Steve Shutt, a Wake Forest spokesman, athletics-department donations were up three percent in 2012-13 over the previous year. He noted that basketball attendance was the fourth-highest in the ACC and that fundraising is at least on last year’s pace.
Those don’t sound like indications of a disgruntled fan base.

I wonder if Steve Shutt internally acknowledges he's a professional liar. Probably. Then he professionally lies to himself to go to sleep.

According to Steve Shutt, a Wake Forest spokesman, athletics-department donations were up three percent in 2012-13 over the previous year. He noted that basketball attendance was the fourth-highest in the ACC and that fundraising is at least on last year’s pace.
Those don’t sound like indications of a disgruntled fan base.

CatStevens' handiwork?

I’m disappointed we’re not winning more games,” Budd said, “but my confidence in Ron Wellman and the leadership has never been stronger. My frustration with the fan base has never been weaker.”

:plos:

I wonder if Steve Shutt internally acknowledges he's a professional liar. Probably. Then he professionally lies to himself to go to sleep.

Steve-Shutt.jpg
6881520.jpeg

Does the Wake Athletic Department have a policy AGAINST teeth whitening?

Plus, this is *very* close to a separated by birth scenario.

Attendance was likely up due to the better schedule and a bump due to the wins over Miami and State.

Donations may have been up because the economy was better. I still think they brought in some ringers to boost the numbers.

I’m disappointed we’re not winning more games,” Budd said, “but my confidence in Ron Wellman and the leadership has never been stronger. My frustration with the fan base has never been weaker.”

Frustration can't be weak. What a dolt.

Also, so much lulz at "The Wake Forest Way." Talk about a generational rift.

We have such a pathetic fanbase. "That's not the Wake Forest Way" and being satisfied with going .500 in hoops? At least the big donors are getting their asses kissed.

We are never going to get an article that lays out all the facts. This is about as good as we can expect.

Frustration can't be weak. What a dolt.

Also, so much lulz at "The Wake Forest Way." Talk about a generational rift.

How the hell are the late 20s and 30s Deacs going to take over this farce? That should be the question we ask ourselves.

We are never going to get an article that lays out all the facts. This is about as good as we can expect.

Not in the Winston-Salem Journal, that's for sure.

On the other hand, 10,000x more people read that Grantland screed about the sucktitude that is [Redacted] than subscribe to the WSJ.

True. Maybe we can get a more complete profile of how bad things are. I think as Wellman gets more profile through the committee, there will be more of an audience.

True. Maybe we can get a more complete profile of how bad things are. I think as Wellman gets more profile through the committee, there will be more of an audience.

A definite opportunity. "COMMITTEE CHAIR CAN'T KEEP OWN HOUSE IN ORDER." It writes itself.

A definite opportunity. "COMMITTEE CHAIR CAN'T KEEP OWN HOUSE IN ORDER." It writes itself.

I see a book...

Oh Heavens Yes!
How ego and incompetence destroyed athletics at Wake Forest University.

Yep. Around late January when Grobe is headed toward our worst ranked signing day under him and Bz slides further and further and Bracketology heats up.

If things continue, I could see a 30:30 ESPN special re: Wake athletics within 6-7 years. Assuming ESPN continues the series.

"The Smartest Man in The Room"

How the hell are the late 20s and 30s Deacs going to take over this farce? That should be the question we ask ourselves.

They won't. It's not going to happen. That's why they need to expand enrollment.

Back