• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Up Today

got it. I'm out of my league on avatars. Either it's my kid or I don't know, a monkey in sunglasses or something. I used to have a video of monkey jacking off on two tourists riding in the back of a carriage thru Central Park but I lost it in a move. This is pre gif, pre memory stick days. Fuck, I might even have had it on VHS now that I think about it.

And yes he came all over them with a fucking smile on his face. I kid you not. My buddy's monkey too. He thought it would help attract more rides. He was a standup so he tells it great. About once a month the monkey would decide it was time to jack it, wait for a lady in red and just spray it all over her, him, himself. He got more rides than the carriages that didn't have a monkey but the once a month dry cleaning bill sort of killed it. Plus, he was constantly on edge so he gave the monkey away. I actually kept the monkey for three days once. Worst 3 days of my life. I locked him in the bathroom and pissed in my kitchen sink, even took shits in a plastic bag I was so afraid of him.

wat.jpg

I'm not basing it on hope. As I said, I think we have four scorers. And I'm not sitting here stating as fact we are going to be a bubble team or any of that. What I am saying in a nutshell that most of you have such bzd loathing that you cannot see what's going on on the court.

We are a more confident team, a more experienced team, we play hard, we get easy baskets based on solid rebounding (Devin still, Moto way better, Cav a bit better) and really really good outlet passes, our spacing is tons better, we have depth. Those variables are all going to translate into more wins, I think. That is my opinion based not on how much I dislike or like the coach, but from what I see thru four games.

There are a number of red flags. Our team defense at defending the 3point shot is pretty bad. we make help decisions that are bad. Our offensive rebounding is still pretty bad. When Coron is not on the floor, our good spacing doesn't matter because defenses can sag like hell. Those are all problems that are going to be exploited by better teams, but we also have months to get better. We will see if we do get better. But I like what I see. I am happy Jacksonville junked together a nice comeback. They are not very good, nor do I think they are that well coached, but we made a handful of mistakes and then cleaned it up. Devin was not a beast on the offensive end so we went to Travis, to Cav, to Coron and Codi. All that bodes well. We'll see.

Hope is not a method, but it certainly fucking helps to have hope when you sit down to watch a game. I no longer have Tony Chennault nighmares. I swear to fucking God when he was a soph I would wake up with sweats thinking I had to endure 2 1/2 more years of him at the point. I'd have rather watched Butterbean run point for us than him.

Anyway, I will try not to try so hard. I actually haven't been posting much for months. Today is a procrastination day.

Bone, tell us again how Chase Fischer is going to be all ACC when he is a Junior/Senior and we will all be thrilled with his stroke from 3!

Bone, tell us again how Chase Fischer is going to be all ACC when he is a Junior/Senior and we will all be thrilled with his stroke from 3!

I don't believe I ever said that. I said he has way better handles than I expected (granted he was playing the before mentioned Tony Chennault so anytime somebody other than Tony was dribbling I was happier), and that he had a good stroke and once he develops a quicker release he should hit his 3s at a higher %. I was wrong. I said I bet he'd be a double digit scorer when he's a Junior/Senior. For fuck's sake not all ACC anything, but a reliable 3point shooter who didn't hurt us being on the court.

Sadly, RJ was right. He was all over his slow foot speed on defense. But if you are going to make me eat my own words, get the right ones, or a close proximity.

got it. I'm out of my league on avatars. Either it's my kid or I don't know, a monkey in sunglasses or something. I used to have a video of monkey jacking off on two tourists riding in the back of a carriage thru Central Park but I lost it in a move. This is pre gif, pre memory stick days. Fuck, I might even have had it on VHS now that I think about it.

And yes he came all over them with a fucking smile on his face. I kid you not. My buddy's monkey too. He thought it would help attract more rides. He was a standup so he tells it great. About once a month the monkey would decide it was time to jack it, wait for a lady in red and just spray it all over her, him, himself. He got more rides than the carriages that didn't have a monkey but the once a month dry cleaning bill sort of killed it. Plus, he was constantly on edge so he gave the monkey away. I actually kept the monkey for three days once. Worst 3 days of my life. I locked him in the bathroom and pissed in my kitchen sink, even took shits in a plastic bag I was so afraid of him.

This even reads like an RJ story.

So will this become a new euphemism for Bzz's shitty coaching decisions? "Oh damn it, he just jacked the monkey again!!"

How. Did. We. Get. HERE??

i don't know where that came from but I LOLed and posrepped the hell out of it.

I absolutely disagree w the last two posts. After you fire a guy after 3 years w 60+ wins - as AD you absolutely have to be patient. The hire after bzd / assuming he never succeeds here - is the most important hire you'll make since grobe. Maybe of your entire tenure.

As we have discussed before few coaches and no elite or hot coach is gonna take this job if the last two coaches both got the quick hook.

By publicly saying you want culture change you are essentially binding your own hands thru 4 or 5 years. The fanbase's mistake was not realizing this and sitting on our hands up until the end of last year IMO. You can be angry about the hire but then we should have let it go. But that became impossible after losing to Stetson and presby and all those shit schools in year 1. I personally thought he was trying to teach a lesson on how to play team ball but it was arrogant to do it to us. By the middle of year 1 we were actually playing better as a team. But our talent level was just too putrid to beat anybody in the acc. And that set off a chain reaction of things which brings us today.

Bottom line though is we are 4-0. Bzd outers have to sit on their hands now until the wheels come off again. It's bad form not to. If you don't you are the lunatic fringe red on brown graph people. Hard as it may be. Over the next two seasons either you are going to win or wellman is. My money is on wellman. Especially it his adversary is basically Palma or Rj or Stratton.

You can't shit on center court when we are 4-0. Especially after brown graphing your last effort. I won't lie. I take great schadenfreude in all this. But the truth is we are going to be pretty good the next three years. Unless we suffer a slew of injuries or transfers. I personally factoring out my schadenfreude am not happy about that truth but I think it is more than likely. And bottom line I like the players haven't liked a team like this since jj and Teague. Happy for that

As a general rule, the sooner you correct a mistake the better. So, I don't follow your argument. Wellman's age, his sanctimoneous and deliberately vague prattle about some culture, his smears of coaches and players past, and increasingly tenuous position might inhibit coaches from taking the Wake men's hoops job a lot more than dismissing Buzz ever could. How could anyone blame an athletic department from doing what everyone agrees is the right thing. Everyone sees that Wellman has made a mistake with this hire. Forget the complaints of the fans and the empty stands, just read the national press. Retaining Buzz, especially without any coherent explanation, simply makes Wellman and the future Wake job look worse. I don't know anybody that got into coaching in order to lose. And the longer we hang onto Buzz the more "loser" the Wake job will appear to any potential candidates. What the hell are they up to at Wake, and do I want to be a part of it? They don't seem to want to win. What would I be doing there? Apparently more and more recruits are already thinking about us this way, and if they are not, the other coaches we are recruiting against surely will help them to do so. Wellman aint gonna win this one. You can't win by piling mistake on top of mistake and then dissembling about it. You can only lose bigger.

Except - at the risk of pulling a Charlie - we're winning.

Need to shut the fuck up until the season is over or we hit 15 losses or something around there. Just poor form. Red on brown type form man.

We're winning against teams that are struggling to meet the definition of a Division I basketball squad -- and not convincingly.

Why should people wait to voice their displeasure with underperforming when it's already happening?

Because it's bad form. Syracuse barely beat SUNY new paltz or something the same night we skated by jax. That's just early season hoops. Kansas struggled against Iona the other night until late. You'll see. I think. Happy w my bets anyway.

Put it this way - I'm not gonna go to a friends wedding and scream, "he totally fucked a fat chick sophomore year!" Even if I don't like his bride and liked his previous girlfriend better. Poor form

Last edited:
Yeah, Syracuse and Kansas get the benefit of the doubt because they're top-flight, nationally ranked programs that have won national championships under their current head coaches and haven't intentionally sabotaged their chances for success. Buzz doesn't get that. This isn't a hard concept.

Besides, one of the best parts of weddings IS talking inappropriately about the groom's past.

As a general rule, the sooner you correct a mistake the better. So, I don't follow your argument. Wellman's age, his sanctimoneous and deliberately vague prattle about some culture, his smears of coaches and players past, and increasingly tenuous position might inhibit coaches from taking the Wake men's hoops job a lot more than dismissing Buzz ever could. How could anyone blame an athletic department from doing what everyone agrees is the right thing. Everyone sees that Wellman has made a mistake with this hire. Forget the complaints of the fans and the empty stands, just read the national press. Retaining Buzz, especially without any coherent explanation, simply makes Wellman and the future Wake job look worse. I don't know anybody that got into coaching in order to lose. And the longer we hang onto Buzz the more "loser" the Wake job will appear to any potential candidates. What the hell are they up to at Wake, and do I want to be a part of it? They don't seem to want to win. What would I be doing there? Apparently more and more recruits are already thinking about us this way, and if they are not, the other coaches we are recruiting against surely will help them to do so. Wellman aint gonna win this one. You can't win by piling mistake on top of mistake and then dissembling about it. You can only lose bigger.

^^^THIS^^^ So much this...

Because it's bad form. Syracuse barely beat SUNY new paltz or something the same night we skated by jax. That's just early season hoops. Kansas struggled against Iona the other night until late. You'll see. I think. Happy w my bets anyway.

Put it this way - I'm not gonna go to a friends wedding and scream, "he totally fucked a fat chick sophomore year!" Even if I don't like his bride and liked his previous girlfriend better. Poor form

Yes, because we have played just as well as Syracuse and Kansas the past three years.

All I know is that spooging monkeys sounds infinitely more interesting than anything associated with our hoops program the last 4 years.

Back