• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

#anecdote - one of my neighbors is a gym teacher at a local elementary school and likes to talk about how much she makes (like JH if you DM him -- super cool!), and says she currently makes $120k and will get $8k per month in pension. She is in her early/mid 40s and has been a gym teacher since he early/mid 20s.

So, some of you teacher-folk should move to my city.

We can add messages you aren't included on to the long list of things you get wrong.

The triumvirate of boards cool! Of course this means leaving knight and he may never recover.

So how much are you all willing to pay for mako's HS hoops Top Shot?

#anecdote - one of my neighbors is a gym teacher at a local elementary school and likes to talk about how much she makes (like JH if you DM him -- super cool!), and says she currently makes $120k and will get $8k per month in pension. She is in her early/mid 40s and has been a gym teacher since he early/mid 20s.

So, some of you teacher-folk should move to my city.

Private school? No way that's a public school salary.

Interesting Teacher story....

Last fall, my older sister just celebrated her 50th year of teaching in NYC. Chancellor made a major deal of it and even Jill Biden visited her at her school.

She had no intention of retiring even though her pension was more than her current salary. Had been for some time. Just loved it, as challenging as it was, even at 72.

She found out that if she died (she's a 2x cancer survivor) WHILE she was teaching her husband would not be entitled to her pension. If she retired, he would be.

She left this month.

Last edited:
I live near Shoo in a different suburb and I heard 1st year pub school teachers make 75k so that sounds about right for someone 20 years in. Keep in mind a 2500sf house will cost you about 400k.

I live near Shoo in a different suburb and I heard 1st year pub school teachers make 75k so that sounds about right for someone 20 years in. Keep in mind a 2500sf house will cost you about 400k.

Holy shit that's cheap. I'm movin to Chicago w/ Mako.

As to the rest of it, that's probably why Chicago is generally thought of as the most underwater fiscal city in the US.

Shouldn’t be that hard to confirm salary ranges for a public school system. I’m NC they publish public employees salaries with their names and positions, including teachers.

Holy shit that's cheap. I'm movin to Chicago w/ Mako.

As to the rest of it, that's probably why Chicago is generally thought of as the most underwater fiscal city in the US.

Yeah, $160/sf for a SFH is not a deterrent Taxes and weather are deterrents.

Back