• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

well then maybe something should be done to make the job more attractive

I mean, we say these kids have got to learn, but there’s nobody there to teach them. If we can’t understand that, how can we reach them? I guess maybe we can’t and we won’t. I guess we’re putting up a front. That’s how I know their lives are out of luck.

giphy.gif

At this point in America I think it’s naive to believe that widespread suffering and mismanagement will bring about a radical change. I don’t believe radical change is coming, I believe that we will just continue to normalize misery, and resigning yourself to that is unacceptable IMO. You say that only the gullible will teach but you know that’s untrue. People with different values than you will teach, and you should fight for them.

Radical change is coming in the form of a Republican fascist dictatorship.

I mean, we say these kids have got to learn, but there’s nobody there to teach them. If we can’t understand that, how can we reach them? I guess maybe we can’t and we won’t. I guess we’re putting up a front. That’s how I know their lives are out of luck.

you're a fool

He’s right on two points…psychologists and social workers are needed to respond to a number of calls that come into police. [And shouldn’t be expected to volunteer].

And “defunding” or “abolishing” police are broadly losing political slogans and concepts in this here quasi-democracy.

This is who Biden always was, and it’s what his constituency wants him to be. *Voters* in impoverished communities believe that police presence prevents crime, and to them “defund” the police means less police presence to prevent crime in their neighborhood.

Oh the humanity will someone think of the burrito costs!!!

“ On a chilly Tuesday afternoon this month, James Marsh stopped by a Chipotle near his suburban Chicago home to grab something to eat.

It had been a while since Mr. Marsh had been to Chipotle — he estimated he goes five times a year — and he stopped cold when he saw the prices.

“I had been getting my usual, a steak burrito, which had been maybe in the mid-$8 range,” said Mr. Marsh, who trades stock options at his home in Hinsdale, Ill. “Now it was more than $9.”

He walked out.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/21/business/fast-food-prices-inflation.html

Oh the humanity will someone think of the burrito costs!!!

“ On a chilly Tuesday afternoon this month, James Marsh stopped by a Chipotle near his suburban Chicago home to grab something to eat.

It had been a while since Mr. Marsh had been to Chipotle — he estimated he goes five times a year — and he stopped cold when he saw the prices.

“I had been getting my usual, a steak burrito, which had been maybe in the mid-$8 range,” said Mr. Marsh, who trades stock options at his home in Hinsdale, Ill. “Now it was more than $9.”

He walked out.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/21/business/fast-food-prices-inflation.html

Almost seems like some people are not into honest discourse.

Burritos, M&Ms, now this is politics that affects me directly.

Last edited:

Back