• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Desantis is only 43. Trump has shown that he is anything but conciliatory. Trump would tell his voters to stay home rather than vote for Ron. Ron steps aside and waits 4 years.

Yeah, I still think the 2024 GOP nomination is Trump's to lose. He'd beat DeSantis or pretty much any other Republican if he runs. As you said, I think DeSantis is playing the long game - he's probably angling for 2028 as much as '24. If Trump doesn't run in '24 DeSantis would be the clear GOP frontrunner at this point, but even if Trump does run then DeSantis would still be in good shape for 2028 or even 2032 (he would still be only 53). And if DeSantis somehow did beat Trump for the nomination in 2024 I don't think there's any doubt that Trump would go on the warpath against DeSantis, as he's incredibly petty and vindictive. He'd probably claim that the GOP nomination was stolen from him just like the 2020 election.

Yeah, DeSantis makes intentional shrewd disgusting moves constantly. Trump just throws shit against the wall to see if it benefits him personally, then denies whenever things don't go his way.

There is no way the Pubs nominate Trump in 2024, nada not going to happen. With Biden numbers plummeting on almost a daily basis, the powers to be see a real opportunity to capture the WH again and they will not risk alienating a sizable number of their Party nominating that vindictive douche bag. Desantis? In most ways as bad as Dump but he is a fresh face and the election would be easier to win with him. Just saying. Either way hard to argue that the Dems are in for a rough re-election challenge unless they come up with a fresh face besides Biden or Harris, in my opinion.

There is no way the Pubs nominate Trump in 2024, nada not going to happen. With Biden numbers plummeting on almost a daily basis, the powers to be see a real opportunity to capture the WH again and they will not risk alienating a sizable number of their Party nominating that vindictive douche bag. Desantis? In most ways as bad as Dump but he is a fresh face and the election would be easier to win with him. Just saying. Either way hard to argue that the Dems are in for a rough re-election challenge unless they come up with a fresh face besides Biden or Harris, in my opinion.

Lol.

I'm not going to kink shame but I will laugh at the kink shamers who won't kink shame because they "know his heart" or something like that.

They absolutely will nominate him if he runs. I'm not 100% convinced he runs-these rallies may yet be a colossal way to grift money from his supporters, and he may be afraid of losing again.

Good for him having some fun. We gonna kink shame now?

Also what’s wrong with cocaine orgies. Sex fueled coke parties are dope af.

he should make the world less miserable for people who are less embarrassed by who they are than he appears to be in public

It’s his hypocritical rhetoric about only 2 genders and defining what a woman is and so forth.

I'm not going to kink shame but I will laugh at the kink shamers who won't kink shame because they "know his heart" or something like that.

It’s not kink shaming, it’s hypocrisy shaming.

I'm going to enjoy watching the staggering amount of money Disney is going to spend to unseat Desantis.

It doesn’t get more Democrat brain than thinking Charlie Crist is the man to do it, though

I'm going to enjoy watching the staggering amount of money Disney is going to spend to unseat Desantis.

I doubt it. The more I think about it, the more I think Disney has gotten what they want on this from the left and now they can play the martyr. I think their lawyers are in a back room someone bending the knee to the Republicans and begging for a way to pay as little as possible while passing the burden onto Val Demings’ constituents.

I agree that establish types going for Crist is classic Democrat brain. Crist is a 65 year old former Republican Governor who lost as an Independent to Rubio in 2010 and lost as Democrat in his last statewide election with 47.1% of the vote in the 2014 Governor election vs. Rick Scott. By comparison, Hillary got 47.8%, Bill Nelson got 49.9% and Gillum got 49.1%.

Meanwhile, 44 year old Nikki Fried won Agriculture Commissioner with 50% running on a pro-marijuana platform after the medical marijuana amendment passed with 71% of the vote in 2016.

Back