• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Man this is very well said.

Not that I can think of.

I mean, it makes some sense to me for governments to create and support/back/regulate digital money.

But not for any random company to pretend to do so. That’s just some kind of speculative collectable IMO.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

We already have digital money and it works pretty well already.

I’m coming to the conclusion that it’s not good for people to gain income and wealth that’s not directly connected to the production of goods and rendering services.

We have a society in which people gain wealth from all kinds of speculation about crypto, NFTs, meme stocks, and the hope that some insanely rich guy will overpay for a social media site to the point where their wealth far excites their own productivity and contribution to society. But those same people look at inflation and say “See? This is why poors shouldn’t make more money!”

Yep…we essentially have had for some time effective digital currency. And probably it’s fine.

Just not one that’s based on the blockchain technology. I’m not at all sure it’d be better to officially adopt this technology for our common currency. But if so, then let’s do it via an official, open/transparent and regulated fashion.

Parents ordering baby formula from Canada is probably exactly what Donald Trump thought would happen when he put America first. Making us pay 17% in tariffs to feed babies because of the new North America Trade Agreement, all because he had to protect multi billion dollar corporations such as Abbott Labs. Maybe instead of easing up on regulations that led to less scrutiny on manufacturing, he could have, I don't know realized these places wouldn't regulate themselves.

But hey keep yelling Lets Go Brandon you ignorant pieces of shit.

I am SICK TO DEATH of politicians/analysts/anybody with a platform using hatred and fear to sell their policies. OMG the Libs are sending baby formula to the illegals at the border! OMG every Pub hates democracy!

I miss nuance and rationality, and actually being able to disagree with each other without the labels. I realize why those things don't exist any longer, but I miss them.

There's my rant.

I am SICK TO DEATH of politicians/analysts/anybody with a platform using hatred and fear to sell their policies. OMG the Libs are sending baby formula to the illegals at the border! OMG every Pub hates democracy!

I miss nuance and rationality, and actually being able to disagree with each other without the labels. I realize why those things don't exist any longer, but I miss them.

There's my rant.

Counterpoint: this is not a rant. It's the only rational conclusion after the destruction republicans have caused over the last 30 or so years.

One is Dems feeding babies. If you hate that you have a problem.

The other is Republicans attacking democracy. If you hate that, you’re part of the solution.

Last edited:

The other is Republicans attacking democracy. If you hate that, you’re part of the solution.

Yep...this shit quit being a both-sides phenomenon some time ago. People still voting Republican need to wake the F up before it's too late.

Well of course. It's using everything - even things that should be incredibly innocuous - to foment hate and fear that I'm ranting about.

Anyone in Forsyth County have advice regarding the Clerk of Superior Court race?

One of the two challengers has a law degree from MSD…and an accounting degree from Liberty :)rolleyes:).

Anyone in Forsyth County have advice regarding the Clerk of Superior Court race?

One of the two challengers has a law degree from MSD…and an accounting degree from Liberty :)rolleyes:).

Is that the race with John Snow? If so, I think you vote for him... regardless of how much he knows.

I have no idea about him other than seeing yard signs when I was riding in Clemmons and Lewisville this weekend.

lol...not the GOT dude...but he is a white dude whut says he's "willing to serve". Been a magistrate for a long time...kind of like serving on the wall...?

I’ll have you shitlibs know that I voted, again. I didn’t take my ball and go home, even though I know my leftist candidates won’t win, hell I don’t think Jill Stein is even eligible for half those races I wrote her in.

Back