• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

AOC is old news. Pretty sure the leftists have already eaten her. Hard to keep up.

Nah she still my favorite Congressperson. One of the few I’d actually mourn if January 6th 2.0 happens for real. She’s a top tier American.

Don't know man, at least one of you was still slobbin' her knob in '20.

I live in a completely different reality from you and Chris. I never hear or see this person. I haven't thought about Bernie Sanders since he last ran for office.

And I do a helluva lot of political work at the city, county, and state levels in a pretty big blue state.

You're welcome to do you, but you guys sound like BS4L, RJ, and bkf at this point with the one note fucking whining about Bernie fucking Sanders and whoever else the cable news geeks y'all watch still fetishize.

If those poster comps hurt, then idk maybe try something new? Who are the refs of American politics, Shoo?

Nah she still my favorite Congressperson. One of the few I’d actually mourn if January 6th 2.0 happens for real. She’s a top tier American.

She really is. If I was raising a daughter, then I'd be beyond proud if she grew up to become an AOC-type figure.

I live in a completely different reality from you and Chris. I never hear or see this person. I haven't thought about Bernie Sanders since he last ran for office.

And I do a helluva lot of political work at the city, county, and state levels in a pretty big blue state.

You're welcome to do you, but you guys sound like BS4L, RJ, and bkf at this point with the one note fucking whining about Bernie fucking Sanders and whoever else the cable news geeks y'all watch still fetishize.

If those poster comps hurt, then idk maybe try something new? Who are the refs of American politics, Shoo?

Lol. Why are you all so fucking unhinged?

Looks like Boris Johnson will survive the vote of no confidence, should know officially soon. He probably didnt get enough support to put the whole thing to bed though. People are upset that it happened so soon before more support could be rallied or a successor could come forward. All in all, seems like neither side is going to be happy with this one.

211 to 148 he stays on. People were saying he would need to win by 80 to put the whole thing to rest, 63 means nothing is really settled.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

I was heartbroken when Bernie lost this last primary. I didn’t talk to anyone for a few days after Super Tuesday, but I moved on. I’ve tried to keep a healthy perspective on it and learn from it. With all that’s going on in the world there’s no sense in being a prisoner to that moment, especially when I had no control over it. Taking PH seriously for a moment in regards to his question to me, I do hope that the Democratic Party coalition can be healthier in the future, but relationships are never going to improve if people like Chris keep picking at that scab and never letting it heal.

The power struggle between progressives the Democratic establishment isn’t going away, but it’s insane to conflate progressives criticizing politicians and liberals dancing on the graves of defeated opponents.

Last edited:
this is a weird response to his post.

Chris is the only one on this thread who has acted unhinged, but you're catching up.

Nah -- you may want to go back and reread. Chris made a comment about Briahna Joy Gray praising Tucker on this supposedly all topics and rants welcome thread -- there was nothing unhinged or personal. And then the usual crew personally attacks him for 4 pages.

They seem to have short memories about their previous fondness for BGJ - MHB said she was awesome during the last election cycle. Quickly brushed aside with a "who is she, move on we're not re-litigating 2016 anymore", when she was Bernie's press secretary in '20. To his credit, Bernie distanced himself from her. I would not want to relitigate '16 either if I were them, but let's get the unhingement straight here (and to be clear, I am fine with their unhingement, this is an all topics and rants welcome thread. We know who does most of the ranting).

And Brasky is legit certifiable.

I went back and re-read.

Chris is a fucking loon. He has a bizarre hard on for shitting on twitter progressives that is frankly kind of gross and sad.

And the whole "nyeh nyeh, we won you lost, get over 2016" is just fucking cringe from you dude.

god you are such a clown.

the ridiculous passes that the progressive cadre gives each other around here combined with their hypersensitivity is something to behold.

I will never mention BJG again. Jesus Christ.

god you are such a clown.

the ridiculous passes that the progressive cadre gives each other around here combined with their hypersensitivity is something to behold.

I will never mention BJG again. Jesus Christ.

I just asked you why. You are the one assigning her importance on our behalf, just to shit on progressives and stir the pot. Mission accomplished.

even if I did, are you (plural) such babies that you can't take a little ribbing about somebody you don't even know when members of the progressive group on this board regularly personally attack the value system of centrists?

GFY.

Last edited:
I went back and re-read.

And the whole "nyeh nyeh, we won you lost, get over 2016" is just fucking cringe from you dude.

What are you talking about? We didn't fucking win '16. That's the problem.

If these clowns took one iota of ownership for the loss and helping to give us Trump instead of continuing with rants against liberals and electoralism we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. And they call me a centrist when my political views are at least 95% aligned with theirs (except for Brasky because he's basically the Joker) because I'm not joining in their preferred nomenclature and bosidesing and falsely equivocating Dems and pubs. The only real difference between us is I know who the bad guys are.

Last edited:
even if I did, are you (plural) such babies that you can't take a little ribbing about somebody you don't even know.

Alright man, you say you’re only joking, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. No big deal.

Alright man, you say you’re only joking, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. No big deal.

I think it points out what a bad decision Bernie made elevating somebody who voted for Jill Stein in 2016 and clearly has her own agenda. If he would have won in 2020 and had her as press secretary, it would have been a disaster.

even if I did, are you (plural) such babies that you can't take a little ribbing about somebody you don't even know when members of the progressive group on this board regularly personally attack the value system of centrists?

GFY.

"personally attack the value system of centrists"

do you hear yourself sometimes, man?

joe biden is president.

barack obama was president before him.

i would say that the value system of centrists is adequately represented and preserved in the American political system

I think it points out what a bad decision Bernie made elevating somebody who voted for Jill Stein in 2016 and clearly has her own agenda. If he would have won in 2020 and had her as press secretary, it would have been a disaster.

Where is Biden’s 2020 campaign press Secretary now?

Back