• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Yeah, he helped break the story and then basically was Snowden's mouthpiece for awhile.

Does…does ChrisL think Greenwald is a “thought leader” for progressives too?

Lol.

More people know Chapo than BJG, and that is still a very small demographic here. Podcast hosts are the modern sports talk radio hosts. They have to spark controversy for engagement. Don’t get your politics from podcasters.

Yes I think generally podcasters and media figures across the Spectrum have a lot of influence over political thought in this country and are generally thought leaders to varying extents.

I see Bernie's former press secretary briahna Joy gray is making the Greenwald Taibbi movement towards Tucker Carlson adjacent. It would have been really funny seeing her try to be an establishment voice for the administration.

Don't know how much more evidence of the horseshoe theory in action we need. It's an easy little jump.

She is a current progressive thought leader. Progressive congressional candidates curry her support.

Guys, A/The current progressive thought leader who curries support has <350000 followers on twitter. Either progressivism is dead, or she is a relative nobody trying to make a buck with her pretty small platform.

Don't know how much more evidence of the horseshoe theory in action we need. It's an easy little jump.

But the jump in this case, and in Greenwald's, is likely far more about attracting people to contribute to your patreon or pay walled blog that it is about political beliefs and seeing the true beauty of fascism.

There are grifters on all parts of the political spectrum. There happen to be a LOT more on the right side, but it doesn't mean they don't exist on the left side.

There are grifters on all parts of the political spectrum. There happen to be a LOT more on the right side, but it doesn't mean they don't exist on the left side.

Sure but in this case we are specifically talking about the voice of progressivism and Bernie's former press secretary, who probably is head towards intellectual kinship with Tucker Carlson because there is money to be had.

Last edited:
Sure but in this case we are specifically talking about the voice of progressivism and Bernie's former press secretary, who probably is head towards intellectual kinship with Tucker Carlson because there is money to be had.

The reason it’s a story is how rare it is for a progressive. Centrists and Liberals are inherently grifters who swim in corruption and cronyism, so it’s not news when they do shady shit for money.

This is a great response to that tweet.

The reason it’s a story is how rare it is for a progressive. Centrists and Liberals are inherently grifters who swim in corruption and cronyism, so it’s not news when they do shady shit for money.

Maybe, but I think the reason it’s a story, on this thread at least, is because ChrisL found an example a fairly small time “progressive” with only 350k twitter followers who worked for Bernie a few years ago that is jumping the divide to join Tucker in grifting. He stopped by here, tried to rustle the jimmies of the Bernie Bros, and then acted surprised when they were riled.

You’re right though. There isn’t some large scale pattern of progressives shifting to fascism. There are a couple of grifters that found an easier way to make money.

if thought leader is causing so much consternation, then how about influencer?

I think you have to be careful labeling anyone within the grifter scheme because that’s the whole point they are grifting. The easiest marks are conservatives so that’s where people tend to go. Sure there are the true believers but for the most part a lot of them are just doing it for the money. It’s like the anti-vaccine, anti mandate, anti covid people. Sure there’s the true believers that died because they truly believed the bullshit they spewed but a lot are vaccinated and grifting.

I don’t think getting paid for podcasting fits the definition of “grift”. I’m sure she would love to make the big MSNBC bucks like Jen Psaki, but Patreon will have to do.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics &amp; Rants Welcome

so Bernie
aaaaand it comes back around lol

Why wouldn’t you look forward to a new cast of progressive figures who can bring over liberal voters, get elected, and push through progressive legislation?

Because I know that resentful mofos like this here will never accept anyone pushing the party left, and they will forever be nasty bitches to anyone who attempts to.

Last edited:
“Voice of his campaign?”

I still don’t even know what she did in this instance. But I don’t doubt she said/did something problematic.

Bernie made a lot of mistakes. A bigger one was having Shaun King around the campaign. Now there is a grifter. But ChrisL, in addition to exaggerating her influence, also seems to imply that Greenwald and Gray are somehow on their own an indictment of the left, when their heel turns have more in common with liberalism.

Back