• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

You may want to check out the Federal Student Aid website: https://studentaid.gov/

If you’ve made 120 payments, you can get your loan forgiven. You should have gotten an email from your lender.

They’ve expanded the list of eligible employers. A friend of mine is a professor at a private school that’s never been on the list. He is getting over $100K forgiven.

I’m waiting on my consolidation to go through with MOHELA. Once that happens, I’ll be able to get mine forgiven.

This is like one of the Kamala Harris proposals from her short lived campaign. I haven't made 120 payments because I only spent 36 months out of school...

It would be easy to just waive $10k per borrower. Why it hasn't that been done yet? (To my point, that's how you drive turnout. Give the people you want to turnout what they want!)

Completely agree. Forgiving some loans on the sly isn’t good politics.

But to your point, part of the problem is juicing Tue out from the left is about policy not optics. Young potential left voters don’t fall for pride flags and corporate diversity speak like the right falls for flag symbolism and hate rhetoric.

Completely agree. Forgiving some loans on the sly isn’t good politics.

But to your point, part of the problem is juicing Tue out from the left is about policy not optics. Young potential left voters don’t fall for pride flags and corporate diversity speak like the right falls for flag symbolism and hate rhetoric.

Tue?

I think the right falls for that stuff because Republicans are able to message policy victories so effectively. It started as rhetoric, but now they're doing what they said they'd do and they're only becoming more popular with their base. I wish Dems would do what they said they'd do. We would have a moderately-to-marginally less horrible country.

Is this gaslighting ?

I think the right falls for that stuff because Republicans are able to message policy victories so effectively. It started as rhetoric, but now they're doing what they said they'd do and they're only becoming more popular with their base. I wish Dems would do what they said they'd do. We would have a moderately-to-marginally less horrible country.

All true. But they got the turnout to impact those policies through rhetoric.

Is this gaslighting ?

It's pretty much just a lie. It's a broadly accepted definition that any sophisticated investor or economist knows. Of course there is a lot more to it, but that is the technical definition.

Last edited:
It's pretty much just a lie. It's a broadly accepted definition that any sophisticated investor or economist knows. Of course there is a lot more to it, but that is the technical definition.

Agreed. This is settled law.

How meaningful is the recession designation anyway?

This is poor politics that make bad optics worse. They should just promote the growth that is happening and what they’re doing to spur more growth and address kitchen table issues.

This is poor politics that make bad optics worse. They should just promote the growth that is happening and what they’re doing to spur more growth and address kitchen table issues.

very useful for republicans

I'd say two straight quarters of negative economic growth is meaningful enough to have a designation.

Matt Gaetz with the fucked up double down.

Saturday:

I'd say two straight quarters of negative economic growth is meaningful enough to have a designation.

I think it’s a dumb strategy by the admin to try and redefine the term recession and they should instead define who is to blame. They need to be out there saying over and over again that decades of tax cuts, cheap money, and lax regulation, all policies from stemming from reganonmics, and Republican presidents and congresses created this situation and Biden is trying to fix it but has one hand tied behind his back because of the split senate.

I think it’s a dumb strategy by the admin to try and redefine the term recession and they should instead define who is to blame. They need to be out there saying over and over again that decades of tax cuts, cheap money, and lax regulation, all policies from stemming from reganonmics, and Republican presidents and congresses created this situation and Biden is trying to fix it but has one hand tied behind his back because of the split senate.

I mean anything other than what the administration is currently doing would be better than what they're currently doing has become a bit of an evergreen Biden criticism. This guy better not tempt fate with a second run or we may actually be doomed. I was pretty agnostic on Biden in the beginning, but what a fucking dumpster fire of an administration. I get why this guy was a career loser until Obama resurrected his career bc he appealed to racist, suburban whites.

Back