• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I mean anything other than what the administration is currently doing would be better than what they're currently doing has become a bit of an evergreen Biden criticism. This guy better not tempt fate with a second run or we may actually be doomed. I was pretty agnostic on Biden in the beginning, but what a fucking dumpster fire of an administration. I get why this guy was a career loser until Obama resurrected his career bc he appealed to racist, suburban whites.

It's also impossible to follow up Trump dominating the headlines every other day from the oval with quietly governing, if that was actually happening (I dunno if it is). I mean it seems like he's running a fragile global order that's somehow beating Russia in a Ukranian Proxy war despite people thinking originally Ukraine would lose in a matter of days. Doesn't seem like a TOTAL dumpster fire.

Last edited:
It's also impossible to follow up Trump dominating the headlines every other day from the oval with quietly governing, if that was actually happening (I dunno if it is). I mean it seems like he's running a fragile global order that's somehow beating Russia in a Ukranian Proxy war despite people thinking originally Ukraine would lose in a matter of days. Doesn't seem like a TOTAL dumpster fire.

Fair, his Ukraine policy has seemingly been pretty awesome. Not being in World War 3 rn is very chill

I mean anything other than what the administration is currently doing would be better than what they're currently doing has become a bit of an evergreen Biden criticism. This guy better not tempt fate with a second run or we may actually be doomed. I was pretty agnostic on Biden in the beginning, but what a fucking dumpster fire of an administration. I get why this guy was a career loser until Obama resurrected his career bc he appealed to racist, suburban whites.

I don’t think Biden is a dumpster fire. I think he is exactly the president i thought he would be, just sort of meh. His predecessor was the dumpster fire and the Biden admin has come in and made sure the fire has spread but also hasn’t done a whole lot to douse the existing flames.

I really hope he doesn’t run in 2024. The only real benefit to Biden was as a bridge to stabilize the government and the world post Trump and to set the stage for his successor. He’s done ok with the first step but it looks like he won’t be stepping aside for the second.

Yet another GOP “for me, not for thee” and “the leopards aren’t going to eat my kid’s face.”

There is nothing honest about Conservatism besides their seeking wealth and authority. That’s the purpose of every word and deed. There is nothing else. You can say they are evil, racist, hypocritical, idiotic, ultimately it all serves a purpose to gain power and wealth.

There is nothing honest about Conservatism besides their seeking wealth and authority. That’s the purpose of every word and deed. There is nothing else. You can say they are evil, racist, hypocritical, idiotic, ultimately it all serves a purpose to gain power and wealth.

Let’s negotiate with them to try and make meaningful change !!

When u don’t have a functional majority u can try negotiating or just don’t try at all.

But when the other side only go is amassing power to make life miserable for the Democrats so they either leave or are beaten into submission...

But when the other side only go is amassing power to make life miserable for the Democrats so they either leave or are beaten into submission...

yea

damn, i guess shoo is right

i might as well vote third party !

i'm gonna tell my friends at the DSA meeting !

When u don’t have a functional majority u can try negotiating or just don’t try at all.

I think the kinda humorous part of this statement is that Republicans don't have this problem. They ram whatever they want through and never waste their time with negotiation. It's because they don't have moderate tools like Sinema and Manchin compromising their majority. They don't have that because the party leadership simply doesn't tolerate it. "Don't vote with us? We're gonna pour money into the dude running against you or release our opposition research on you to the media!"

We have Pelosi and Schumer lol

Yeah, it’s easier to demand cooperation when you’ve conditioned your base to embrace fantastical falsehoods. Mis/disinformed passion is sadly effective but alas not actually an enviable strategy.

I think the kinda humorous part of this statement is that Republicans don't have this problem. They ram whatever they want through and never waste their time with negotiation. It's because they don't have moderate tools like Sinema and Manchin compromising their majority. They don't have that because the party leadership simply doesn't tolerate it. "Don't vote with us? We're gonna pour money into the dude running against you or release our opposition research on you to the media!"

We have Pelosi and Schumer lol

I think the Pubs do have (or at least had) moderates (Lincoln Chafee, John McCain) but they've been run out of the party or bullied into submission, as you noted. So, can Dems follow that model? What happens if we run Manchin out of the party? Can we bully him into submission somehow?

Can we bully him into submission somehow?

I mean, the federal government can threaten to withhold funding to states and frequently uses this threat as a pillar of negotiation. I'm sure Manchin would feel the heat if he didn't get his highway/infrastructure money, for example (real example! it's why the drinking age is still 21!)

I mean, the federal government can threaten to withhold funding to states and frequently uses this threat as a pillar of negotiation. I'm sure Manchin would feel the heat if he didn't get his highway/infrastructure money, for example (real example! it's why the drinking age is still 21!)

Ok, so there are mechanism, but my real question was will it work to get better, more progressive, outcomes. It worked for the GOP, but will that work for the Democratic party.

Back