• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I have no dog in the fight, just think it’s fucking dumb how every goddamn thing that happens in this country is automatically debated as a partisan football to be punted back and forth where only 1 party can be responsible.

the last person in charge of DOT did pretty well for themselves.

I have no dog in the fight, just think it’s fucking dumb how every goddamn thing that happens in this country is automatically debated as a partisan football to be punted back and forth where only 1 party can be responsible.

Or you could just ignore the poster who constantly does this

Or you could just ignore the poster who constantly does this

Yep. MDMH instantly blamed one “liberal” in government for a structural problem based on petty negativity and now is trying to backtrack and look like the better person after I called him out for it.

Sure, Pete is visually front and center, but he can only implement and enforce the regs that congress puts in place. We should be shining a big questioning spot light on Congressional Democrats who just passed a big transportation infrastructure bill and then soon thereafter forced union workers back to work without addressing their safety concerns. I am questioning the judgement of Schumer, Pelosi and Biden here more that Pete. And that is not a partisan perspective. Only thing I liked about Pete in the primaries was that he could play "The way We Get By" on the piano, and I currently love the way he handles Fox News gotch-yas. The Dems fucked this up, just not sure Pete was given the tools he'd need to regulate this by Biden and the congressional Dems.

Yep. MDMH instantly blamed one “liberal” in government for a structural problem based on petty negativity and now is trying to backtrack and look like the better person after I called him out for it.
What are you talking about? You are carrying on an entire conversation about Pete by yourself. My only addition to this is having predicted how defensive you would be at the mention of his name.

Sure, Pete is visually front and center, but he can only implement and enforce the regs that congress puts in place. We should be shining a big questioning spot light on Congressional Democrats who just passed a big transportation infrastructure bill and then soon thereafter forced union workers back to work without addressing their safety concerns. I am questioning the judgement of Schumer, Pelosi and Biden here more that Pete. And that is not a partisan perspective. Only thing I liked about Pete in the primaries was that he could play "The way We Get By" on the piano, and I currently love the way he handles Fox News gotch-yas. The Dems fucked this up, just not sure Pete was given the tools he'd need to regulate this by Biden and the congressional Dems.
This is why I left it at “regulatory bodies” instead of implicating a particular agency.

My sister works at EPA, and Pete spoke at a black history event (lol) yesterday there highlighting how Transportation, EPA, state and local govts have worked together since the crash through lots of agency red tape.

The unfortunate lock step that regulatory bodies (Congress, cabinet agencies) and capital are in is anti-labor. That’s not playing politics either, it’s transcendent of party and role.

What are you talking about? You are carrying on an entire conversation about Pete by yourself. My only addition to this is having predicted how defensive you would be at the mention of his name.

Yeah, I wasn’t talking about you LOL

Somebody just woke up in the mood to argue I guess. Anyway, I’ll officially bow out of this discussion, since both sides of it seem to be going on without me anyway.

Not really. I came for the political chat. But I'm glad you admitted you were trolling though. It puts your political chatting in context.

Not really. I came for the political chat. But I'm glad you admitted you were trolling though. It puts your political chatting in context.
it’s still unclear what you are responding to. Surely there is more substance to all this than “Pete isn’t responsible for the chemical spill”. C’mon man. You could have just posted that once and been done, what is the larger point you are trying to make?

You obviously want to argue so bad, just tell me what we are arguing about.

You re-posted what I responded to. And you admitted you just posted it just to get a reaction.

It's a basic board troll move and I should have known better.

Soo dramatic. My post was on the labor thread in response to a post about the train accident, and I was making a general comment about the discussion I saw on twitter. You making this about yourself is a classic case of a hit dog hollering. What the fuck do you think it means when I criticize the Pete defenders shutting down criticism on twitter and you respond by doing the exact same shit on here?

You are perfectly capable of posting a reasonable and nuanced response, like Townies, that considers both sides of the argument. Instead you are defensive and dismissive. I don’t understand that.

Last edited:
I love that we've reached a point where we're arguing about what it is we're actually arguing about.

Back