• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I guess I’ll wait for you all to finish your criticism of fat people ordering too much food at chik fil a.

Hey I eat like a monster at chick fil a but I maximize my calories in sandwich form rather than paying what prices out to $2 and change for a soda and if I require fries I borrow them from my kids

So Biden let himself (and us in the process) get run over by the egg companies. That doesn't look any better. Trump will say he is going to kick Frank Perdue in the ass, and people will go with it.
And my point is he’s just as likely to talk about kicking Frank Perdue’s ass if Biden were talking about drug policy prior. You don’t prep for a debate against Trump by thinking you can beat him in some great meeting of intellects. You can’t project weak, sure, but trying to scheme against Trump is not really a winning strategy.

Sounds like fatness, laziness and good old fashioned American ignorance is to blame for this hypothetical chick fil a price tag.
And this is why Biden's Ozempic for all plan will win it for him. And, per 2&2, he can just say it and never do it like Trump because dumb Americans will just go for it.

If you really need the soda and are comfortable being unethical you just order one for the family and then wait for the staff to please you with a refill. Soda for all that way. But I just go with water.

I think what I am finding disagreeable is the assumption that the Democratic constituency just hasn’t heard enough of the message - that if Dems repeat it enough for them, they will eventually be convinced. To me, this feels like Dems continuing to disregard the diversity of their voters, and the inherent challenge of wrangling such a diverse audience.
The problem is that the Republican message is very simple. It's reduction politics based on the very strong base emotions of fear and grievance. It makes broad generalizations about complex issues and cherry picks situations (real or fake) to support the narrative. There is no room for nuance or complexity. It's all framed by an absolutist toxic individualism.

Yeah, they have no actual solutions because they don't want solutions - their entire party platform is based on this and then when election time comes around, tell the public that the Democrats got nothing done. The voting public falls for it over and over again, but obviously it was by design to stonewall Democrats and provide this message. Rinse and repeat every single time Democrats are in office.

It's not even the combo plus dessert, it is that no teenager is getting full from just a combo meal. Gotta go combo meal plus additional sandwich or nuggets for either the active kid or a I would assume a fat kid. That additional filler is what the $.99 fast food menus used to be for. But gone are the days. Thanks Biden.

Your kid is full. You just don't know how to tell them no.

My son gets one of the large nugget meals with an extra sandwich.

I used to get two sandwiches when I was his age.

Yeah, they have no actual solutions because they don't want solutions - their entire party platform is based on this and then when election time comes around, tell the public that the Democrats got nothing done. The voting public falls for it over and over again, but obviously it was by design to stonewall Democrats and provide this message. Rinse and repeat every single time Democrats are in office.

Yep. It's incredibly sad how people can vote for Republicans when they essentially never offer anything remotely close to some sensible, logical solution to problems. It's all ginned up passion based on 99 percent falsehood and fantasy.

if we are going to be realistic about twitter/leftists, we also need to be equally realistic about Democratic party loyalists and partisans. Regular typical Democratic voters are not measuring the fairness of their standards vs the fairness of Republican voters.

No one who is one the fence about Biden because of Israel or the economy is thinking “Are Republican voters this hard on Donald Trump? am I being fair to Biden??” No. That’s not how normal people think. No normal voter gives a fuck about being “fair” to the President. They are either motivated to vote or they aren’t. Complaining about the fairness or practicality of Democratic voters vs Republican voters is fucking stupid.

I get to be holier than thou. I don’t spend anything at Chic-fil-a because I don’t want my money going to anti LGBTQ groups.

Every once in a while, I’ll eat Chic-fi–a if they sponsor an event that I’ve entered.

I get to be holier than thou. I don’t spend anything at Chic-fil-a because I don’t want my money going to anti LGBTQ groups.

Every once in a while, I’ll eat Chic-fi–a if they sponsor an event that I’ve entered.

So they’re cool as long as they give your group money even if they hate the gays. Gotcha.

(Posted from a Chic-Fil-A drive thru because it’s good and I’m hungry)

So they’re cool as long as they give your group money even if they hate the gays. Gotcha.

(Posted from a Chic-Fil-A drive thru because it’s good and I’m hungry)
I'm eating their food, not giving them money, so yeah.

Just purchased a 5 1/2 pound standing rib roast and a 5 pound leg of lamb for $58. Yep, it's impossible to feed a family reasonably this holiday season.

Back