• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I’m unaware of Peyton or Shane Gillis being transphobic - what did they do?

nothing. fans of theirs are / may be
Yeah, apologies if I wasn't clear. It's all the people who boycotted Bud Light because they had an ad with a trans person in it. It's just funny how targeted Manning and Gillis are when it comes to appealing to conservative white dudes between the ages of about 30 and 50. I'm surprised they didn't get Jim Caviezel.

If you happen to be fortunate enough not to have had it explained to you personally by one of these idiots:

I actually like Shane Gillis. Even saw his newest standup live. I just think he's pushed too hard by the anti-woke mob. He's not that anti-woke, but he gained traction in that group because he was originally hired by SNL and later cancelled because of jokes in his past. I'm cool with letting comedy be comedy, as are most people who don't run a major network tv series are, but some people seem to laugh a little too hard at some things.

To be fair, I also fall into the white male between 30-50 demographic.

I don't know who Shane Gillis is and I'm not going to look him up
Decent comedian, 30’s white schlubby guy, indistinctly southern/midwestern, became famous for making the SNL cast then being immediately uninvited when an old
podcast recording came out of him making ugly stereotype “Ching Chong” type jokes about Asian people. He has since become successful with the anti-PC comedy audience, and does the podcast rounds of the anti-PC standup comedy community

Decent comedian, 30’s white schlubby guy, indistinctly southern/midwestern, became famous for making the SNL cast then being immediately uninvited when an old
podcast recording came out of him making ugly stereotype “Ching Chong” type jokes about Asian people. He has since become successful with the anti-PC comedy audience, and does the podcast rounds of the anti-PC standup comedy community
ohhhh that guy. I remember that incident. didn't realize he had found success but I guess it makes sense. the folks who complain the loudest about being canceled seem to be given the biggest platforms to yell about it.

ohhhh that guy. I remember that incident. didn't realize he had found success but I guess it makes sense. the folks who complain the loudest about being canceled seem to be given the biggest platforms to yell about it.
His standup is not especially provocative, but he feels comfortable using hurtful phrases so ymmv

the person who cancelled Shane Gillis is literally the most annoying human on the face of the planet

Last edited:
Have we discussed this whole Texas secession thing? I'm sure that would work flawlessly.
While they may have Smith and Weson, the US Government has Lockheed & Martin (Texas also receives 26.9 Billion dollars a year in Federal aid, and barely can keep the lights on)

I mean, texas seceding would be a huge net positve for the country as a whole. We could focus all the border resources on New Mexico, Arizona, and California (presuming that Texas would start executing any person who tried to cross the border from Mexico. We could charge tarrifs on anything from texas sold in the US. Texas is (I think) a net taker from the federal governement. We would never have to see Ted Cruz again. We could make Wemby leave San Antonio and Luka leave Dallas, or even move the texas teams to other cities in the US. Same with CJ Stroud. We can put the Cowboys in Arkansas.

Let them go.

I wonder if Republicans have done the calculus and figured out that if Texas secedes they will never win the electoral college again.

More evidence that Republicans say and do whatever benefits them in the next news cycle with absolutely no forethought.

I mean in reality if Texas tried to secede there would be millions of people who immediately left Texas to move to a different state, which would definitely collapse the Texas economy.

Every big city in Texas would become a ghost town and they’d be begging to come back almost immediately.

I guess they don’t remember the lessons of the ice storm where Texas’ independent and poorly maintained grid fucked em over. Now extend that to every other aspect of life and you’ll have a lot of sad suburban cowboys in Texas.

Back