• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

DJT, Jr. is the answer to this question. The 2024 Republican nominee whether the President wins or loses.

Yep. What better way to continue owning and pissing off liberals than to nominate and elect the son and namesake of their most despised foe? Family dynasty ftw, baby!

will be interesting if Ivanka also wants to get in on it, since her father will clearly favor her, but Jr has way more the ability to resonate with the MAGAts

will be interesting if Ivanka also wants to get in on it, since her father will clearly favor her, but Jr has way more the ability to resonate with the MAGAts

Ivanka for VP!

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

If no talent shit head Donald Trump Jr is the GOP nominee in 2024 then I'm buying some guns because this country is going to be so fragmented and the GOP so co-opted that a civil war will be inevitable.

Last edited:
Our country would be so much better If Democrats actually did what Republicans accused them of doing, instead of reassuring “swing” voters that we absolutely won’t ever do any of those things.

Yeah. And that tweet is more evidence that the only argument Republicans have against increasing representation is that Democrats would benefit.

Anyone here feel like an island of center-leftness in a sea of Republicans? Some of the conversations I hear/see from people on Facebook etc that live around here make me want to throat punch somebody

Anyone here feel like an island of center-leftness in a sea of Republicans? Some of the conversations I hear/see from people on Facebook etc that live around here make me want to throat punch somebody

Sometimes. My extended family are all conservative and live in very white rural placers, but my world is very politically diverse just based on where I live and where I work. On the Southwest side of Forsyth county, bordering Davidson County it’s low to middle income, heavily Hispanic and Black, but it pretty abruptly becomes rural and white on the county line. My school is right across the Davidson county line, but it’s super progressive and the staff is very diverse. It’s a very stark juxtaposition leaving my school to go to the grocery store next door with the parking lot full of anti-masker Trump voters.

MDMH any personal insight into why your extended family are conservative outside of the usual narrative on here?

MDMH any personal insight into why your extended family are conservative outside of the usual narrative on here?

Hmm...I think living in a very homogenous white rural place just insulates you and calcifies that puritanical apathetic mindset. My aunt/uncle live in farm country in upstate NY, and my sister lives in northern KY, which are both very white and insular parts of the country.

feels like my family (direct and extended) is and remains conservative as an extension of their military backgrounds and white-collar employment. a lot of market-based explanations and fear of "handouts" when they get talking.

My uncle -- the only blue collar member -- is the staunchest Trump supporter largely because he built his auto-body repair business from nothing and Trump's "work hard" ethos is like pure honey to that mindset. "He just gets it."

Because white people consider themselves the default race, they are default Americans - so they don’t think of themselves as distinct from America as an establishment. It rarely ever comes to mind that events in their lives are out of their own control - with the exception of freak accidents, weather, 9/11.

In juxtaposition, American minorities - particularly Black Americans, almost innately recognize their “otherness” in America, and they’re intimately aware of the power that outside forces have on their lives.

I don’t think you can ever really understand what it means to be white in America, if you don’t live with non-white people. Being white in a white part of the country is like floating in a deprivation tank and feeling nothing, whereas being white in a diverse part of the country you actually feel and notice your whiteness.

6.5 months into the pandemic and I have to worry if eating lunch at a restaurant is going to kill me or make my family sick. Very cool.

Back