• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Kind of simple. Blocking traffic; interfering individuals going to work. Interrupt the speech, rights, etc. of others.
Thanks. Kind of what I thought you were going for. I think I disagree with this for the most part (i agree with your take on hate speech/violence, etc.) - and i think its because we may disagree on what a protest is and its goals. I think there are two types of protests (maybe more, but making my own distinction here): rallies and direct action. Rallies are amassing a group of people to voice displeasure, support, etc. These have their place and can show where a section of public opinion is concerning an issue, shows solidarity/support for those affected by policies/actions, etc. but don't really affect change (think March on Washington). They can add momentum to a movement or amplify its message, but doesn't necessarily push for immediate action. . Direct action has a goal of disruption to affect change. It highlights an aspect of the current state of being and calls attention to it by disrupting normal course of business until the message is heard and action is taken (think Montgomery Bus boycott or the March to Selma). It calls for a reaction by the powers that be - and that reaction can be capitulation to the demands or reacting with suppression (often violence).

She is REALLY proud that she (or a writer) came up with that mom-ala line. Oof.

Do you think Drew and Kamala went back to Drew's dressing room and scissored ?

Or do you think the Secret Service got between Drew and the Veep ?

Back