• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

All the things that are really bad under Biden will be double-extra bad under Trump, plus lots of things that are just “ok” under Biden will also be double-extra bad under Trump. It will be mostly minorities and vulnerable populations who suffer, not white guys, so white guys allowing Trump to win are selfishly centering their own concerns over the real dangers facing minorities if Trump is re-elected.

I think that covers it.

All the things that are really bad under Biden will be double-extra bad under Trump, plus lots of things that are just “ok” under Biden will also be double-extra bad under Trump. It will be mostly minorities and vulnerable populations who suffer, not white guys, so white guys allowing Trump to win are selfishly centering their own concerns over the real dangers facing minorities if Trump is re-elected.

I think that covers it.

Why can’t we expect Biden to make policies that don’t further marginalize marginalized people in Palestine and the US? Or, stated differently, what are Biden’s responsibilities to marginalized populations in the present? What makes anybody think this isn’t gonna only get worse in term 2?

I’d like to hear answers to these questions rather than whatabouts.

Why can’t we expect Biden to make policies that don’t further marginalize marginalized people in Palestine and the US? Or, stated differently, what are Biden’s responsibilities to marginalized populations in the present? What makes anybody think this isn’t gonna only get worse in term 2?

I’d like to hear answers to these questions rather than whatabouts.
i don’t know. Cause he’s a Democrat I guess.

By the way, not mocking. Just showing you we’re familiar so that we don’t need to repeat those talking points.

Come on now.
Very frequently in discourse when you disagree with someone’s strongly held opinion they accuse you of either unfamiliarity, or lack of empathy (I am guilty of doing this). In this case neither is true. I am very familiar with the potential consequences of a Trump presidency, and also concerned about them. I feel like we’ve had that introductory discussion enough to skip past it.

Very frequently in discourse when you disagree with someone’s strongly held opinion they accuse you of either unfamiliarity, or lack of empathy (I am guilty of doing this). In this case neither is true. I am very familiar with the potential consequences of a Trump presidency, and also concerned about them.
It was a tongue in cheek comment on you desire to move beyond old re-hashed arguments. Your summation isn't wrong. I was adding a little humor and a love tap in the arm of my chat bro since he, occasionally, repeats himself.

#onelovect

Back