• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Affirmative action, the center of debates with Ph. Which, my daughter will not get. The statement at issue was my daughter will deserve her admission to GA Tech.

It was mean and that's why I shut up and took my ban, and then some.

It's quite Trumpian to get punished and keep pushing the same argument that got you punished.

Because your friend declared it?

Explain how what I said wasn't a political statement, but just mean?

Did I get a defense from your friend? This isn't Trumpian its an open appeal you can't answer.

Last edited:
Being anti-affirmative action is racist, don’t care what the illegitimate SCOTUS says.

I am writing to apologize twice to PhDeac. First for the first time I made the remark and second for reopening an old wound.

First, I sincerely apologize for the attack on your family. That was plain mean and unacceptable.

Second for injuring you with a racist insult. As someone who is white, I did not think about the most important thing, how you would receive my remarks. Political point aside, I should have realized how hurtful my statement would be to a black man. I failed twice to do so. All I can do is see this from your perspective as best I can (which is impossible since I've never been black).

I wouldn't want my kid acting like this or defending it. So I need to be a better example and person.

Again, full apologies.

I am writing to apologize twice to PhDeac. First for the first time I made the remark and second for reopening an old wound.

First, I sincerely apologize for the attack on your family. That was plain mean and unacceptable.

Second for injuring you with a racist insult. As someone who is white, I did not think about the most important thing, how you would receive my remarks. Political point aside, I should have realized how hurtful my statement would be to a black man. I failed twice to do so. All I can do is see this from your perspective as best I can (which is impossible since I've never been black).

I wouldn't want my kid acting like this or defending it. So I need to be a better example and person.

Again, full apologies.
This is good stuff. A sincere apology on the Tunnels of all places. Kudos, sir.

I didn’t even remember that before centerdeac brought it up. Thanks for the apology though.

I’d love to have a good faith discussion of affirmative action that doesn’t come from a blatantly racist white victimhood narrative.

my understanding is that most of the invited participants turned down the meeting with white house staff
IMG_0095.gif

More suited for the Israel thread probably -
There have been 100 arms shipments from the US to Israel since the start of the “war”. The government apparently keeps these shipments under a certain dollar amount to avoid a rule that requires them being publicly announced. So the argument that the Biden admin has no leverage to influence the war, that this admin is really making an effort to reason with Netanyahu by leaking to the press that Biden called him an “asshole” or whatever, that argument really falls apart when there has been…100 arms shipments to Israel in 6 months time. While we are proposing a pier to bring aid in, instead of you know, telling the fucking IDF to get the fuck out of the way and stop blocking the fucking convoys and blowing them up. With that knowledge, exactly what the fuck are Muslim leaders supposed to talk to Biden about?

Last edited:
Back