• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

This and potentially using confidential info/IP/trade secrets gleaned or taken (those provisions are still in covenant agreements but pretty hard to prove a breach). But the Supreme Court will overturn it because of the Chamber of Commerce and other lobbies.

I have been dealing with candidates who have what I call a tradition non-compete (you can't go work for a competitor for a period of time), for well over a decade and have yet to be in a position where a company has actually litigated to enforce it - they just use it as leverage to get an agreement that other covenants (primarily client non-solicits) will be followed. My company has client/employee non-solicits (which should remain enforceable unless they are unreasonably broad), but not a traditional non-compete, and most companies are moving away from traditional non-competes given state movement to ban or limit them in any event.
Yep. This is the way it basically works in non-compete world now. Litigation swords are rattled, sometimes a suit is filed, everything gets negotiated out. But lawyers do cost money. Client soliciation is really the thing everyone is worried about.

How would you people feel if our President left and became President of Mexico and took all of our trade secrets with him ?

It would be kind of cool if Mexico were as rich and awesome as Canada is as a neighbor. Go for it, Joe.

Maybe they should hire a recruiter to target Trudeau. Problem there is that Trudeau doesn't have experience as a President, only as a PM.

Maybe they should hire a recruiter to target Trudeau. Problem there is that Trudeau doesn't have experience as a President, only as a PM.
Mid-Major programs like Mexico have to take risks and hire on potential, they can’t afford to hire people who already have Presidential experience.

Mid-Major programs like Mexico have to take risks and hire on potential, they can’t afford to hire people who already have Presidential experience.

Seems like you'd be willing to contribute to the Mexico NIL Fund to get them to take Joe Biden.

Long and short - a bill intending to make it easier to remove non-profit status from organizations whom the current administration doesn’t agree with

Seems like an overreaction. I'm sure everyone will agree that we really just need these colleges to enforce their own rules, trespass anyone who doesn't belong on their campus, and expel any of their own students who are chanting pro-Hamas and antisemitic slogan or intimidating Jewish students.

Why do you think people are willing to protest against the Israel / Palestine conflict and not at the same level for somewhere like Sudan?
to my knowledge, the American government and society aren’t funding, enabling, and participating in the Sudanese Civil War. Presuming your question isn’t rhetorical.

Seems like an overreaction. I'm sure everyone will agree that we really just need these colleges to enforce their own rules, trespass anyone who doesn't belong on their campus, and expel any of their own students who are chanting pro-Hamas and antisemitic slogan or intimidating Jewish students.
Are we going to expel any students chanting anti-Palestine slogans? Wondering where we draw that line?

Back