• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billy Edwards is transferring?!?!?!

Pretty sure I explained it in my original post.

But the other key point is you seem to think Mitch can improve dramatically in two weeks but Kern couldn't possibly improve in 6 months.
ha, not really but I don't want to argue the semantics with you at this point, not worth any more time, you just didn't read my posts correctly (conflating two different spring games and points entirely/across threads and conversations, reading too much into a "meaningless" desigation that I threw on because it was more about WHEN Edwards was playing in the game against 3rd/4th string guys)

the latter point just comes down to difference of opinion that I can see both sides on and have said as much, but I'll just let Kent's post sum up my feelings on it because he's said it better than I will at this point https://ogboards.com/threads/gt-game-thread.34064/post-4224682

but that also has zero to do with the entire shitty point of the argument (and the first sentence in the post you just responded to, conveniently ignored) in THIS thread which is that you've tried to put together this narrative that Clawson promised Mitch the starting job for this year back in the spring of '22 and ran off Edwards...

You keep purposefully misquoting and misunderstanding me to twist basic facts into a conspiracy.

Facts: Mitch was the clear #2 behind Hartman after Spring 22. We know this from reporting in the Spring (which Conor has acknowledged) and because Clawson announced Mitch as the #1 QB as soon as Hartman was announced out indefinitely near the beginning of Fall practice.

Based on those facts, we can insinuate Edwards left because he didn’t see a path to start after Hartman left.

I’m done arguing about this. A bye week after a loss is bad enough without someone trying to goad me into arguments by lying about what I post.

there's no L to be taken here, until Conor reports that Clawson did, in fact, promise Mitch the starting job 1.5 years later during Spring '22 and made it known to the other QBs too (running off Edwards), which is what you seem to be insinuating
Didn't he say just that there was no competition, that Clawson named Mitch the 2nd stringer way ahead of time, which he found surprising?

Didn't he say just that there was no competition, that Clawson named Mitch the 2nd stringer way ahead of time, which he found surprising?
Every coach sets a depth chart in the spring, thats not the same as making it known he's the guaranteed starter no matter what 1.5 years later..

Being upfront about it early after the Sam freak injury thing was just about getting the team on the same page asap and minimizing distractions during fall camp. The only surprise there was that some people expected Kern to be in that battle but in the end we did what we needed to do there and Mitch got the easy win vs VMI.

Back