• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billy Edwards is transferring?!?!?!

Meanwhile, Pilch thought he was getting paid to transfer somewhere and start immediately. El oh el.

Meanwhile, Pilch thought he was getting paid to transfer somewhere and start immediately. El oh el.

Don't mind being a target of these Boards, but did you take a look at the first page of this thread. That was the common sentiment:

IAppreciateIT: "smells like tampering after peeps saw the spring game... he was the star of more practice reports than anyone else then killed it during the spring game, the commentators were slobbering all over him. curious how long it takes for him to land somewhere but it seems very plausible his positive exposure has him looking to play soon. wouldn’t be surprised if there was something behind the scenes it’s unlikely we hear about where he thought he deserved to be backup and was told that wasn’t going to happen."

"

Morrison2951: "Geez.

Screw this portal and NIL crap."

TheAbster: "To me, the kid clearly appeared to be a very strong backup and #2 to Hartman with a starting role potentially after this season.

Maybe there's much more behind the scenes or Clawson doesn't see it that way. Then again, I'm not a 19 year old with NIL money on the table. Different world I guess."

EatLeadCommie: "bringing back sitting out a year would eliminate a lot of the nonsense. Do that, and put some teeth into the no pay for play regs, which still exist. Have defined portal time and anti-tampering rules. There is plenty of room in there and actually within the previous structure for kids to make NIL money."

CreamyGoodness: "A freshman QB for us who has a ton of raw talent. He will be a P5 starter somewhere within 2 years."

WTF?

I get a kick out of the idea that some wealthy businessman was reading Les’ articles and watching the 4th quarter of the Wake spring game to find the QB he wants to buy for his alma mater’s football team.

I mean…. Creamy May not have been wrong. You look at the Maryland depth chart and there really is nothing there behind Talia. Locksley really hasn’t been able to bring in/keep a highly regarded QB there. Maybe they will bring in another guy from the portal but Billy the red could be starting in 2 years.

I mean…. Creamy May not have been wrong. You look at the Maryland depth chart and there really is nothing there behind Talia. Locksley really hasn’t been able to bring in/keep a highly regarded QB there. Maybe they will bring in another guy from the portal but Billy the red could be starting in 2 years.

Lot higher possibility of starting in 23 at MD than there was at Wake. That has to be what he was looking for.

Well now we need to beat Maryland in baseball to get back at them for stealing Ginger QB.

Well now we need to beat Maryland in baseball to get back at them for stealing Ginger QB.

Ginger QB is in return for O-line guy, Davis, who never played a down for Wake. But he did get his Master's degree from Wake.

Maryland is all excited about Edwards. Think they got the steal of the portal from Wake.

Hope he lights up for them. How can that be a bad thing for us?

If he actually made the leap it looked like he did and turns out to be better than Kerns and the Griffis bros. That would be a big miss for the staff.

The WF Staff has a history of turning low rated HS recruits into Big 10 stars.

The WF Staff has a history of turning low rated HS recruits into Big 10 stars.

One big difference: the staff did not want KWIII to leave. They wanted him as part of a two headed monster RB corps.

I don't think they spent much time worrying about losing the 4th string QB.

Wouldn't surprise me if Edward's starts by mid-season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Edward's starts by mid-season.

Not only this but Billy will be in NY as one of the finalists for the Heisman to follow in the long list of WF transfers to make it big time after they leave....

Back