• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billy Edwards is transferring?!?!?!

FWIW, looking like Edwards saw Griffis and Kern ahead of him, and knew he had to leave to play.

Can foresee a similar situation forthcoming with Kern. The Hartman situation forced Clawson and Ruggiero to show their hand on QB2 rather than continue the 2A/2B charade and Mitch took advantage of the opportunity. Leaves Kern with very realistic path to playing time without an injury plus this is his 8th semester so I’d imagine he is on track to graduate this semester. Potentially leaves us extremely thin at QB next year with just the brothers Griffis, true freshman Charlie Gilliam and I guess Marucci moving back to the QB room on scholarship.

[h=1]Transfer Takeover: Nearly half of college football's QBs are transfers[/h]https://247sports.com/Article/2022-college-football-59-starting-quarterbacks-are-transfers-192297956/

At least 59 quarterback transfers are set to start in the FBS, and with 10 jobs still open as Week 1 approaches, the transfer takeover (48.8%) is expected to grow before all 131 teams begin the season. Nine of the 10 remaining battles across the country involve at least one transfer. One that was settled this week was Auburn, which saw 2021 transfer T.J. Finley (of LSU) beat out 2022 transfers Zach Calzada (of Texas A&M) and Robby Ashford (of Oregon) for the starting gig.

Wow I had completely forgot Travis was a transfer. My bad.

But yeah that Ph find is a good one.

Can foresee a similar situation forthcoming with Kern. The Hartman situation forced Clawson and Ruggiero to show their hand on QB2 rather than continue the 2A/2B charade and Mitch took advantage of the opportunity. Leaves Kern with very realistic path to playing time without an injury plus this is his 8th semester so I’d imagine he is on track to graduate this semester. Potentially leaves us extremely thin at QB next year with just the brothers Griffis, true freshman Charlie Gilliam and I guess Marucci moving back to the QB room on scholarship.

Wouldn't surprise me if Marruci transferred. He's been in and out of the QB room. He may be tired of being "spare tire" QB. He will have about two years of academics completed at Wake, and three seasons of eligibility after this season.

Edward's got in for Marylands 31-10 W over Buffalo.

Pretty impressive he is already NMU after Tagovailoa

And "still eligible" Devito shows up as starting QB for Illinois, UVa opponents this week...

Edward's got in for Marylands 31-10 W over Buffalo.

Pretty impressive he is already NMU after Tagovailoa

They have literally no one else. Took Edge and Sauray this past class but neither of them could enroll until the later part of the summer. Always uphill for those guys when they enroll in the spring, even more so *months* later. The only other QBs on the roster are: Walk-on RS-FR Ryan Duell, Walk-on true freshman John Griffith, Walk-on RS-So David Foust, and Walk-on Eric Najarian. Locksley has been abysmal recruiting/stabilizing the QB room the last few years

He will have been at Wake four years after Spring 2023, so I guess he's going to graduate and have two years of eligibility remaining. The question is whether he's developed into a starting quarterback for a different school.

They have literally no one else. Took Edge and Sauray this past class but neither of them could enroll until the later part of the summer. Always uphill for those guys when they enroll in the spring, even more so *months* later. The only other QBs on the roster are: Walk-on RS-FR Ryan Duell, Walk-on true freshman John Griffith, Walk-on RS-So David Foust, and Walk-on Eric Najarian. Locksley has been abysmal recruiting/stabilizing the QB room the last few years

Sad. In my younger days Maryland had more NFL QBs than anyone....Boomer, Frank Reich, Gelbaugh, O'Donnell, Zolak, just off the top of my head...(don't hold me to 100% correct spelling)

Sad. In my younger days Maryland had more NFL QBs than anyone....Boomer, Frank Reich, Gelbaugh, O'Donnell, Zolak, just off the top of my head...(don't hold me to 100% correct spelling)
I bet Claw never televises another spring game. Can be used as a transfer exhibition.

Billy the Kid went 3/3 for 33 yards and a TD against Charlotte yesterday

Billy came in for an injured Tua’s brother and played well vs Michigan. May start next week.

Not bad for Billy, but also says something about WF's eye for talent and developing players when Billy was WF's 4th string QB if he had stayed, and he may be starting a Big 10 conference game less than 6 months after transferring from WF.

C
Not bad for Billy, but also says something about WF's eye for talent and developing players when Billy was WF's 4th string QB if he had stayed, and he may be starting a Big 10 conference game less than 6 months after transferring from WF.
Could be that Edwards development has been happening and, as many players do, he hit his breakout moment in the Wake Spring game. Maybe he made that big leap then.

Went 3 for 3 on TD drive, plus scrambled for 1st down when it was 3rd and 21, all against Michigan starting D....oh and completed 2 point conversion pass to get them within a TD and xpt.

I’m still good with Slinging Sammy
My context is, once they are not behind Sam on the depth chart, which of the other guys has the best career? Mitch Griffis was Clawson/Ruggiero pick. Billy Edwards had a good spring game at Wake, moved to Maryland and is now playing his "not behind Sam" years as their #2 QB.

Edwards could be slated to start on Saturday against Northwestern. Taulia reaggravated a knee injury last week, and is a game time decision. On the season Edwards is 9 of 16 for 97 yards with 2 TDs.

He also has 13 rushed for 93 yards and a TD (the game clincher against Indiana). They are comparing him to Garrett Schrader on the MD Board. Clawson and Ruggiero can spot QB talent. Tigerswood must be hating this.

Back