• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billy Edwards is transferring?!?!?!

He also has 13 rushed for 93 yards and a TD (the game clincher against Indiana). They are comparing him to Garrett Schrader on the MD Board. Clawson and Ruggiero can spot QB talent. Tigerswood must be hating this.
Lol why would I hate this? He’s starting due to the starter getting injured. He did not transfer somewhere to start immediately, and a Google search yields no significant NIL deals. Hey for only $11 you can have him give you a video shoutout though!

https://opendorse.com/profile/billy-edwards-jr

Happy the kid is having some success, but he barely beat a 1-6 NW team today at home (was down 17-3 right before half). On a loaded offense with 3 NFL receivers, he threw for 166 yards. Wow! Does seem like a capable runner though.

Ha! Wonder if he would’ve been in the running to start at WF this year. He did actually get some decent PT though and I doubt he would’ve at WF.

Ha! Wonder if he would’ve been in the running to start at WF this year. He did actually get some decent PT though and I doubt he would’ve at WF.
Yes, I think we can say with some certainty now that Billy Edwards would be in the running to start at Wake this year.

In 2022 he was 28 of 46 for 308 and 3 TDs. I think we would all happily take that this year.

Yes, I think we can say with some certainty now that Billy Edwards would be in the running to start at Wake this year.

In 2022 he was 28 of 46 for 308 and 3 TDs. I think we would all happily take that this year.

Can we buy him back from the twerps??

All the hype about him was based on how he looked in the Spring Game. But I guess Griffis was already anointed the heir apparent.

All the hype about him was based on how he looked in the Spring Game. But I guess Griffis was already anointed the heir apparent.
Or he just didn't like waiting one more year for the QB battle and thought he'd get the job at Maryland?

Or he just didn't like waiting one more year for the QB battle and thought he'd get the job at Maryland?
Why would he think he'd start over Tua's little bro?

I don't know, maybe he got bad info, or maybe he thought he'd be handed the job and Tua bro would leave early? I don't follow the Maryland program at all so couldn't tell you.

I don't think it's fair to just insinuate Clawson promised Mitch the job and was telling other QBs that, that's just pure speculation.

So you don't think the QB pecking order had anything to do with the mass transfers at QB?

When Billy Edwards left Wake, he was behind Kerns, M.Griffis, Marrucci, and was fighting B. Griffis for a spot. So he was very deep on the depth chart.

Maryland had no scholarships QB's except the starter. So Edwards jumped from 5th to second on the depth chart. And he played some in 22. He wasn't seeing the field for Wake in 22.

He didn't have to think this, just that he had a better chance of starting eventually. He played in '22. He knew he was an injury away from starting. Here, he was told he was at best 3rd string in '22 and behind Griffis for 3:years.

Back