• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birth Certificate Is An Obvious Forgery

I agree with most of what you said, but the degree of venom spewed at Obama does not approach what was spewed at Bush. You simply cannot extrapolate a fringe birther movement that was somehow validated by Donald "Democrat one day, Republican the next" Trump for two weeks into the degree of hate that was oriented toward GWB. Now, it is quite possible that Obama will have endured worse if he serves for 8 years like GWB did, but he hasn't approached that yet. You are quite correct, however, in pointing out that the 24 hour news cycle and the internet are going to make life difficult for any President in the future, much as they have for the tail end of Clinton's presidency up through now.

The people who were spewing invective at Bush were mostly fringe lefties. You are letting your partisanship validate one group and dismiss the other when it is just two different sides of the same coin.

I agree with most of what you said, but the degree of venom spewed at Obama does not approach what was spewed at Bush. You simply cannot extrapolate a fringe birther movement that was somehow validated by Donald "Democrat one day, Republican the next" Trump for two weeks into the degree of hate that was oriented toward GWB. Now, it is quite possible that Obama will have endured worse if he serves for 8 years like GWB did, but he hasn't approached that yet. You are quite correct, however, in pointing out that the 24 hour news cycle and the internet are going to make life difficult for any President in the future, much as they have for the tail end of Clinton's presidency up through now.

Your boy Bush got a lot of heat for the wrong reasons. He spent too much and needed to be reined in.

lol. he hasn't done anything that other Democratic presidents haven't done, except he got his shit passed. What do people stand for that he goes against?

Here's a great example.

We aren't flying our flag at Gitmo because it offends the prisoners' sensibilities. THE HORROR!

Here's a great example.

We aren't flying our flag at Gitmo because it offends the prisoners' sensibilities. THE HORROR!

Surely you don't think this decision was escalated to the White House. Surely. It was a decision made by the military.

Surely you don't think this decision was escalated to the White House. Surely. It was a decision made by the military.

Yes, the buck stops at the military.

Annnnd this policy may have started under Bush, I'm even more pissed now. Never on my watch with a prisoner of war dictate how I go about my business. Unbelievable.

Back