• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BKF Bat Signal

Bernie is 24 points ahead in New Hampshire.

27% according to one poll that looks like an outlier. A similar poll had him up 6% conducted in the same time. I would bet he is probably up by 13-15%.

So Dean was easily brought down by negative campaigning, but if not for the Clinton machine he would have rode to the White House!! 1 1 1!!

Republicans don't negative campaign you idiot. Dean was a shoe in.

220px-JFK_White_House_portrait_looking_up_lighting_corrected.jpg

Uh, hate to tell you but Kennedy was a foreign policy and national security hawk, who only reluctantly supported the civil rights movement (he wanted to ignore it but it quickly became too big to ignore, and he mostly did the right thing in the end). And he was not the father of the Great Society - that was his successor. He may have been from the NE, but he wasn't from the liberal or progressive wing of the party.

Uh, hate to tell you but Kennedy was a foreign policy and national security hawk, who only reluctantly supported the civil rights movement (he wanted to ignore it but it quickly became too big to ignore, and he mostly did the right thing in the end). And he was not the father of the Great Society - that was his successor. He may have been from the NE, but he wasn't from the liberal or progressive wing of the party.

What about our nation's greatest ever President?

fdr.gi.top.jpg

What about our nation's greatest ever President?

fdr.gi.top.jpg

Sure, at least when it came to domestic policy, but that wasn't the picture that was posted. Though I wouldn't agree he was our nation's greatest president ever.

lol

all i can find is a quote where Stalin said that FDR was less trustworthy than Churchill.

all i can find is a quote where Stalin said that FDR was less trustworthy than Churchill.

All 3 of them really didn't trust the other two but Churchill and FDR trusted each other a little bit more than Stalin, especially at the Yalta Conference and around that time.

We were never really afraid of Britain trying to continue on the war after the Nazis were defeated...

All 3 of them really didn't trust the other two but Churchill and FDR trusted each other a little bit more than Stalin, especially at the Yalta Conference and around that time.

We were never really afraid of Britain trying to continue on the war after the Nazis were defeated...

I am probably asking for too much but you might consider familiarizing yourself with the correspondence between FDR and his son Elliott.

I am probably asking for too much but you might consider familiarizing yourself with the correspondence between FDR and his son Elliott.

Are we saying FDR liked Stalin more or that Elliott liked Stalin more? I would agree with the latter, but not the former.

why don't you just elaborate so we don't have to read 1,000 pages of mid century prose

Back