• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bloomberg blasts intolerance of universities

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/29/us/bloomberg-harvard-speech/?c=&page=2

Bloomberg compared the intolerance of ideas prevalent in the country today to "McCarthy's Red Scare" in the 1950s and its destruction of thousands of lives. In the 2012 presidential race, he said, the overwhelming majority of campaign contributions from Ivy League faculty went to Barack Obama.

"Today, on many college campuses, it is liberals trying to repress conservative ideas, even as conservative faculty members are at risk of becoming an endangered species," he said.

Bloomberg should see how bad it can be if you were Jewish Democrat at a place like... Johns Hopkins in the 60's.

"Today, on many college campuses, it is liberals trying to repress conservative ideas, even as conservative faculty members are at risk of becoming an endangered species," he said.

#soundslikeTheTunnels

:rolleyes

poor conservatives just can't catch a break. war on christmas!

Yes it is. All you need to do is flip the coin over and there are liberals who make the same claims.

There are liberals who make a claim that the modern day university is dominated by Conservatives that are intolerant to Liberal views?

I am shocked that this board does not recognize a Liberal echo chamber.

You mean to tell me that the political ideology that trashes educators constantly isn't well represented among educators?!? I assume that pro-welfare policies are surely well respected and represented on Wall Street.

Fear not- I see Junebug is awakened. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of the conspiracy against young, white, right-wingers on nasty, mean, ol' college campuses now.

because conservative-dominated colleges recruit and draw conservative people, and they're usually pretty religiously aligned schools. that's the biggest echo chamber around.

The irony here is that Bloomberg is one of the most liberal conservatives in recent political prominence. This may be the only time right-wingers embrace him because they fuck sure didn't when he was banning large sodas, calling for greater gun control, and reforming the educational system in NYC.

There are liberals who make a claim that the modern day university is dominated by Conservatives that are intolerant to Liberal views?

I mean, no less an authority than Ken Rogoff has complained about the difficulty of getting papers with sticky price models published in the face of "neoclassical repression".

The irony here is that Bloomberg is one of the most liberal conservatives in recent political prominence. This may be the only time right-wingers embrace him because they fuck sure didn't when he was banning large sodas, calling for greater gun control, and reforming the educational system in NYC.

Wait until they read the rest of that article.

Nice click-bait title by CNN, though.

Skins, can you tell me where THE Modern Day University is located? Are they D2 or D3?

Back