• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bloomberg blasts intolerance of universities

Shocker that this "moderate" board disagrees.

ynage4a3.jpg

gyzedyga.jpg

Do you think it's a coincidence that this place is so resoundingly liberal? It's not. You're on the wrong board. People aren't buying what you're selling here, recruiting sunshine or regressive rhetoric wrapped up in dimwitted poetry. You aren't clever or interesting, open thesaurus and iambic pentameter be damned.

You don't have any money to buy anything you piss ant. You and the other clowns on this board survive on mommy and daddy's credit line. That defines your ideology and it's liberal base...so easy to throw money at problems when it's not yours. Don't sweat it...your ass will get out of the ivy one day and your opinions will be shaped by real struggle. For now, take a nappy-poo and await mommy's call to lunch. It's free.

Shocker that this "moderate" board disagrees.

I just scrolled through the thread and counted more that agreed than disagreed. (And more that didn't give a direct opinion than either.)

You don't have any money to buy anything you piss ant. You and the other clowns on this board survive on mommy and daddy's credit line. That defines your ideology and it's liberal base...so easy to throw money at problems when it's not yours. Don't sweat it...your ass will get out of the ivy one day and your opinions will be shaped by real struggle. For now, take a nappy-poo and await mommy's call to lunch. It's free.

This is why you are a shitty poster, you don't pay attention and you don't contribute - there have been plenty of threads regarding the demographics of this board, and none of them support your lazy mischaracterizations. I've also given my life's story on this board multiple times, in threads you were involved in, and you should know that your little insults regarding mommies and trust funds couldn't be more ignorant.

Consider the case of Lennart Bengtsson, a leading Swedish meteorologist affiliated with Britain’s Reading University. In April, he announced he was joining the skeptical Global Warming Policy Foundation think tank because he felt it important to analyze “why the warming of the Earth has been much weaker than what climate models show.”

His affiliation didn’t last long. Three weeks later he resigned, writing:

I have been put under such an enormous group pressure in recent days from all over the world that it has become virtually unbearable to me. If this is going to continue I will be unable to conduct my normal work and will even start to worry about my health and safety. . . . Colleagues are withdrawing their support, other colleagues are withdrawing from joint authorship etc. I see no limit and end to what will happen. It is a situation that reminds me of the time of McCarthy.

The Institute of Physics, which had declined to publish a paper by Professor Bengtsson, insisted that their decision was based solely on his paper’s not meeting their high editorial standards. David Gee, an emeritus professor at Sweden’s Uppsala University, said the pressure placed on his friend “simply confirms the worst elements of politicized science.”

A scientist joins a political organization and his buddy complains that everybody else is being political.

Consider the case of Lennart Bengtsson, a leading Swedish meteorologist affiliated with Britain’s Reading University. In April, he announced he was joining the skeptical Global Warming Policy Foundation think tank because he felt it important to analyze “why the warming of the Earth has been much weaker than what climate models show.”

His affiliation didn’t last long. Three weeks later he resigned, writing:

I have been put under such an enormous group pressure in recent days from all over the world that it has become virtually unbearable to me. If this is going to continue I will be unable to conduct my normal work and will even start to worry about my health and safety. . . . Colleagues are withdrawing their support, other colleagues are withdrawing from joint authorship etc. I see no limit and end to what will happen. It is a situation that reminds me of the time of McCarthy.

The Institute of Physics, which had declined to publish a paper by Professor Bengtsson, insisted that their decision was based solely on his paper’s not meeting their high editorial standards. David Gee, an emeritus professor at Sweden’s Uppsala University, said the pressure placed on his friend “simply confirms the worst elements of politicized science.”

In case anyone wanted to know where Lectro is copy/pasting from now:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/378653/hard-sell-climate-change-john-fund

Well, in school we learn this is called plagiarism. Guess school's not for everyone...

You guys are such a bunch of fucking dinks. I mean you are some puny assed motherfuckers.

I mean, really. Does it look like I am trying claim authorship of any of that shit which I post. I mean God almighty Dam...I can hardly put together a sentence on my own and of a sudden you are confusing me with some 2.0 version of William F. fuggin Buckley.

Get a handle on yourselves. Pull your skirts outta yer asses,check your packages,and get in the fuggin game, eh?

-insert ginormous plagiarized smiley face right cheer >>><<<

I mean God almighty Dam...I can hardly put together a sentence on my own and of a sudden you are confusing me with some 2.0 version of William F. fuggin Buckley.

This is probably the most cogent, self-aware Lectro sentence ever.

You guys are such a bunch of fucking dinks. I mean you are some puny assed motherfuckers.

I mean, really. Does it look like I am trying claim authorship of any of that shit which I post. I mean God almighty Dam...I can hardly put together a sentence on my own and of a sudden you are confusing me with some 2.0 version of William F. fuggin Buckley.

Get a handle on yourselves. Pull your skirts outta yer asses,check your packages,and get in the fuggin game, eh?

-insert ginormous plagiarized smiley face right cheer >>><<<

Anyone care to guess how many times this SAME excuse has been used by a student caught plagiarizing? The very simple solution is to provide a citation- a link, author reference, what have you. You routinely do none of that and to the extent that it's been a rather wide-standing rule in both academia and message boards, even ones so goofy as this one, you just need to let this shit go. You're busted, you know it, we know it, it's obvious. Not that anyone here really believed your specious erudition in the first place, most assuming you've done exactly what you have- read something then paraphrase. But no, you weren't even smart enough to do that. Just a blatant copy-paste. We either get the pseudo-intellectual lectro spouting many impressive sounding theories and postulates or we get the "I'm the oracle, kiss my ass" lectro, or in the end we get the "hey, I was obviously just kidding mofuggies" lectro. It's as predictable as a clock. I eagerly await your next witty, skewering response.

Anyone care to guess how many times this SAME excuse has been used by a student caught plagiarizing? The very simple solution is to provide a citation- a link, author reference, what have you. You routinely do none of that and to the extent that it's been a rather wide-standing rule in both academia and message boards, even ones so goofy as this one, you just need to let this shit go. You're busted, you know it, we know it, it's obvious. Not that anyone here really believed your specious erudition in the first place, most assuming you've done exactly what you have- read something then paraphrase. But no, you weren't even smart enough to do that. Just a blatant copy-paste. We either get the pseudo-intellectual lectro spouting many impressive sounding theories and postulates or we get the "I'm the oracle, kiss my ass" lectro, or in the end we get the "hey, I was obviously just kidding mofuggies" lectro. It's as predictable as a clock. I eagerly await your next witty, skewering response.

Dinks gotta Dink.

Wink- ;)

Back