• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Corker Says Trump’s Recklessness Threatens ‘World War III’

Fox News host to Trump: You're running out of friends

October 11, 2017 - 07:52 AM EDT

By Avery Anapol 3,431
Fox News host Neil Cavuto late Tuesday slammed President Trump over his feud with Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and questioned the president's "erratic behavior."

Cavuto spoke directly to the president, telling him he is alienating senators whose support he needs to pass his tax-reform plan.

“Last time I checked, you are the president of the United States, so tweeting out these tacky insults just seems beneath you,” Cavuto said. “You are running out of friends faster than you are running out of time. You might not like Bob Corker, but a lot of senators do, and you need those senators, sir.”

Trump and Corker have been lobbing insults at each other via Twitter over the past few days. Their feud escalated Tuesday, when the president mocked the senator as “Liddle’ Bob Corker.”

Cavuto suggested that the president’s personal conflicts are “torpedoing” his own tax reform plan.

“It’s not that some of your ideas aren’t sound, they are,” Cavuto said. “It’s that increasingly, this erratic behavior makes me wonder whether you are.”

Cavuto warned Trump that he will soon lose the support of lawmakers, who will get fed up with his behavior.

”Loyalty works both ways,” Cavuto said. “You can’t drain that swamp if all you’re doing is throwing mud.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ws-host-to-trump-youre-running-out-of-friends

Trump’s Iran Derangement

----------
BERLIN — If President Trump decertifies the Iran nuclear deal this week, as seems likely, “it will show total disrespect for America’s allies,” Wolfgang Ischinger, the former German ambassador to the United States, told me. That’s the least of it. This — and I know competition is stiff — would be the rashest, most foolish act of the Trump administration to date.

The president’s refusal to certify an accord his own defense secretary, James Mattis, says Iran is upholding, and is in the American national interest, would send a strong signal that the United States has become a bait-and-switch power whose word is worthless.

It’s America’s word as solemn gage that has underwritten global security since 1945. Goodbye to all that.

Uncorked, Senator Bob Corker, the Republican chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has grown bubbly. He’s compared Trump’s White House to “an adult day care center” in which only the likes of Mattis are keeping the child-sovereign’s tantrums from causing disaster. He’s suggested that, through infantile recklessness, Trump could set us “on the path to World War III.”

Exhibit A in this pattern of puerility would be the decertification of a multilateral deal that is working and is supported by China, Russia, Britain, France and Germany, powers with which Trump may even have a passing acquaintance....
----------

Trump also wants to expand out nuclear arsenal. The only problem is that would be illegal. OOOOPS

He is the laziest and dumbest person ever to be in the WH.

TIL that rising up through the political ranks quickly due to a high acumen for the field and then running for President as a U.S. Senator = unqualified.

This Trump guy seems like a real piece of work.

If only he hadn't hidden so well his ignorant, inflammatory, divisive, racist, misogynistic, egotistic, narcissistic, petty, selfish, classist, nature from us all for so long. If only there had been some clues along the way of his long, guarded and oh-so-private career. It's like he came out of nowhere.

Part of me does wonder if these sorts of things were being spread about Obama during his presidency, but I just didn't go to where people were discussing them.

I only say that, because while I would never draw the parallel between Obama and Trump's actions, I do remember people getting insanely worked up over what seemed like trivial matters during the Obama administration. And I remember a bunch of things going around about Hillary's health and stability during the campaign. But I never remember reading anything that suggested Obama was actually losing his mind from anything remotely as credible as Vanity Fair.

Last edited:
Part of me does wonder if these sorts of things were being spread about Obama during his presidency, but I just didn't go to where people were discussing them.

There was a lot of GOP grumbles: "birth certificate", "muslium", and then the racial slanders. most of us knew it was just the way lesser educated people would vent frustration. i didn't vote for Obama the second time because of some things i disagreed with, but this Trump administration has been a shit show from snout to tail (and yes, i just called Trump a pig).

Those things are just demonstrably false though. And while I'm not a big fan of a vague, blanket claim that will never be proven like "Trump is unstable," I don't remember books coming out about Obama like The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump where 27 psychiatrists and mental health experts assess a president. You obviously had books by people like Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly with absurd titles, but those guys are entertainers. This is a book written by a guy with a ph.d from Yale and 27 colleagues.

Last edited:

I only say that, because while I would never draw the parallel between Obama and Trump's actions, I do remember people getting insanely worked up over what seemed like trivial matters during the Obama administration. And I remember a bunch of things going around about Hillary's health and stability during the campaign. But I never remember reading anything that suggested Obama was actually losing his mind from anything remotely as credible as Vanity Fair.

All that was being spread was Obama was a Muslim, wasn't an American, was a monkey, had a bone through his nose, was a communist, didn't go to school where he did and many other things.

The reason no one said Obama was losing his mind was that he wasn't. Trump's tweets and actions show that he is.

I didn't agree with Obama on everything, but that dude was in control of his emotions and his impulses, which is a cornerstone of good leadership. You can't give in to emotions and impulse whether you are in a business of 5 or a government of 50,000. It's the telltale sign of weakness, which breeds mistrust and loss of influence etc etc etc. Obama was a rock in that regard.

Of course his myopic opponents tagged it as "weakness" and "leading from behind" and all that. Hope they are learning now

Trump’s Iran Derangement

----------
BERLIN — If President Trump decertifies the Iran nuclear deal this week, as seems likely, “it will show total disrespect for America’s allies,” Wolfgang Ischinger, the former German ambassador to the United States, told me. That’s the least of it. This — and I know competition is stiff — would be the rashest, most foolish act of the Trump administration to date.

The president’s refusal to certify an accord his own defense secretary, James Mattis, says Iran is upholding, and is in the American national interest, would send a strong signal that the United States has become a bait-and-switch power whose word is worthless.

It’s America’s word as solemn gage that has underwritten global security since 1945. Goodbye to all that.

Uncorked, Senator Bob Corker, the Republican chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has grown bubbly. He’s compared Trump’s White House to “an adult day care center” in which only the likes of Mattis are keeping the child-sovereign’s tantrums from causing disaster. He’s suggested that, through infantile recklessness, Trump could set us “on the path to World War III.”

Exhibit A in this pattern of puerility would be the decertification of a multilateral deal that is working and is supported by China, Russia, Britain, France and Germany, powers with which Trump may even have a passing acquaintance....
----------

And...it’s happening: Iran nuclear deal: Trump poised to withdraw support

Back