• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bojangles

I think for some reason since I believe in science and common sense regarding COVID over the past 3 years, that he is insulting me by calling me Fauci.

Not his best efforts tbh.

I don’t eat a lot of fast food but I agree it seems to be a cuisine in decline. The ordering kiosks are awful.

I have never been to or seen a Bojangles. My only experience in the "South" is Florida and I don't think they have them there, at least not the parts of Florida I've been to.

Similar to Popeyes? KFC? Canes? Chick-Fil-A?

I have never been to or seen a Bojangles. My only experience in the "South" is Florida and I don't think they have them there, at least not the parts of Florida I've been to.

Similar to Popeyes? KFC? Canes? Chick-Fil-A?
Yeah basically same vibe - despite my criticism, you should absolutely go to a Bojangles if you've never been.

Florida is defs not the south in my mind.

fast food has always been a race to the bottom

doesn't seem that much different than any cheapest-in-class consumer good -- they're all worse over time to maintain their low prices

Bojangles is similar to Popeyes in that the best thing there is the bone-in chicken. Get a two piece and some mashed potatoes or fries with the cajun seasoning. And obviously some tea.

Bojangles is similar to Popeyes in that the best thing there is the bone-in chicken. Get a two piece and some mashed potatoes or fries with the cajun seasoning. And obviously some tea.
Gotta go Cajun fillet biscuit and bo rounds at Bojangles. I will die on the hill that a good Cajun fillet biscuit is the best sandwich in fast food. The problem is the consistency - only about 1 in 10 are good (admittedly, I’ve probably only had 3 or 4 over the past 5 years).

Yeah basically same vibe - despite my criticism, you should absolutely go to a Bojangles if you've never been.

Agree which is why I put south in quotes. It's south on the map, but there are so many transplants there the culture is its own. I would guess if you get up in the panhandle maybe that's more like the south. I've mostly just been to Ft. Myers/Tampa/Orlando in Florida.

Gotta go Cajun fillet biscuit and bo rounds at Bojangles. I will die on the hill that a good Cajun fillet biscuit is the best sandwich in fast food. The problem is the consistency - only about 1 in 10 are good (admittedly, I’ve probably only had 3 or 4 over the past 5 years).
Nothing wrong with going biscuit, but I've had a lot of dry cajun filets.

Looks like you don't have many Raising Cane's in NC. They have gotten really big in MN the last few years. Teenagers love the place.

depends on where you are in FL. the more north you are the more South you are if you know what I mean. the Panhandle is for sure Southern. I grew up in Pensacola and could be in Alabama in about 15-20 mins from my house. that's the South.

Looks like you don't have many Raising Cane's in NC. They have gotten really big in MN the last few years. Teenagers love the place.
Chapel Hill has one opening in a couple of weeks after about two years of construction at its anchor intersection, Franklin and Columbia, so now only two of the other storefronts on this intersection are vacant (the other corner is a church). Progress! (I will probably never go).

they built a new Popeye's in Asheville across from the outlets and it's been sitting vacant for a few months, hasn't opened yet. IDK if they can't finish the building or just can't hire anyone. But seems like the other Popeye's in town are understaffed, too. They built a Chipotle next door during the same timeframe and it's been up and running.

And they just cleared land to build a CFA across the street. Will be interesting to see if they get that built and open before the Popeye's.

There is probably a correlation between the decline of fast food and the rise of fast casual. Not only is it worth a couple extra dollars (fast food prices aren’t what they used to be) for better quality, but workers at fast casual places are often paid better.

Last edited:
Skip Bojangles and go straight to Biscuitville. I find Biscuitville puts out a consistently good product, whereas Bojangles is hit or miss
I miss Biscuitville living here in Louisville. Whenever I get back to NC, I always make sure to stop by one before I head back to KY.

Back