• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

BC fans have clearly started believing their own bullshit. I expect a close game between evenly matched teams with different strengths. I can’t believe I didn’t know BC was a national championship contender with all Americans at every level of the defense and a Heisman candidate RB (that’s fair). I believe BC is good, but this is ridiculous. Hopefully their team comes down thinking they already won.

I wasn’t as high on BC as some people were entering the year and they didn’t exactly have a murderer’s row the first two weeks but they did take care of business in convincing fashion. S&P has them 13th in the country and projects 9.5 wins - let’s bring them back to reality and move to 3-0.

BC fans have clearly started believing their own bullshit. I expect a close game between evenly matched teams with different strengths. I can’t believe I didn’t know BC was a national championship contender with all Americans at every level of the defense and a Heisman candidate RB (that’s fair). I believe BC is good, but this is ridiculous. Hopefully their team comes down thinking they already won.

I think most of their fans think they already won, and therefore, won't show up for the game.
Would be surprised to see more than 1000 BC fans tonite.

Expecting a solid 'Black Out' from the Wake fans.

If anything good ever came of Katrina it seems to be that our federal and state emergency response network seems to have their act together. Driving inland yesterday there were literally hundreds of utility bucket trucks headed up from Florida. Staying at a hotel in Chapel Hill and there are a half dozen bucket trucks in the parking lot being staged in advance until the storm passes. There are separate crews for tree cutters and utility repair. Also got an email that there are many buses today taking Wilmington's shutins to Winston-Salem. It seems that they will be housed in the Joel. Glad to see Mother so Dear involved, and contrary to the dufus' post the other night - it is very Pro Humanitate.

Nice to see in person all the proactive planning and preparation.

Last edited:
I think most of their fans think they already won, and therefore, won't show up for the game.

Addazio's ACC teleconference transcript suggested he too thinks this game is an auto-win that he wouldn't let get cancelled come hell or high water. Frankly I like that mentality for them coming in.

No one is going to be there tonight.

Seriously?

I can easily foresee only 50-60% of capacity tonight.

Hopefully the students show up in full force...classes have already been cancelled for Friday.

Let's be honest. We have trouble filling Groves against better teams on Saturday at 3:30. The 5:30 start, Thursday game, opponent and upcoming weather means we'll have a tiny crowd.

Let's be honest. We have trouble filling Groves against better teams on Saturday at 3:30. The 5:30 start, Thursday game, opponent and upcoming weather means we'll have a tiny crowd.

Die hards will be there. Blue hairs won't.

You mean the game where we trailed after three quarters and took the lead with nine minutes left ?

No, the one where we took the lead in the first quarter and lost it toward the end of the third with the fourth going entirely back and forth until the final drive.

This game is bigger than our glorified exhibition against the Aggies

Back