• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College

Wake wins easily.... did you guys watch BC-Duke? BC is pretty bad right now.

We have had a way of making bad teams look fairly good in the past. I am not saying this to be a negative nancy, because I do think we are the better team.

I don't think that this will be a clear cut win for us and certainly don't think we should be scoffing at them right now given our record over the past 20-25 games.

BC is bad. Just plain bad. What I want to see is some attitude. Go in expecting to kick ass and do it. The run game is all about attitude. Pound it down their throat and let Price pick them apart with play action. It ain't rocket science against BC this year. The defense will take care of itself is we control the clock.

BC is bad. Just plain bad. What I want to see is some attitude. Go in expecting to kick ass and do it. The run game is all about attitude. Pound it down their throat and let Price pick them apart with play action. It ain't rocket science against BC this year. The defense will take care of itself is we control the clock.

I think this is probably right BUT when we go to Boston we always manage to find a way to lose. Here's hoping Tanner Price + BC's ineptitude will break that trend.

I think this is probably right BUT when we go to Boston we always manage to find a way to lose. Here's hoping Tanner Price + BC's ineptitude will break that trend.

We lost to some very good BC teams up there. Matt Ryan is playing on Sunday these days. If we go in intent on smashing them in the mouth I have no worries about this game.

I'm guessing coach Spaz's seat will be nuclear hot if he loses to Northwestern, Duke and Wake at home and at Central Fla in a five game stretch to begin the season.

Last edited:
I'm guessing coach Spaz's seat will be nuclear hot if he loses to Northwestern, Duke and Wake at home and at Central Fla in a five game stretch to begin the season.

I'm guessing most BC fans will be talking about the Sox meltdown and masterbating to Tom Brady posters.

I think the secondary issue of letting receivers behind you is more easily fixed than getting our run blocking where it should be. To me the run game is way more important. MANY good things happen when we can run-- Defense rests and stays off field, passing game/play fake more effective, Tanner doesn't get hammered as much, clock control, etc, etc, etc.

What is the latest on Montrel Harris? I would hate for him to be cleared to play next week and BC grab some momentum from his return.
Montel played against Mass this past Saturday. I think he gained about 54 yards or so-doubt if he played the whole game.

Everything. But mostly stamina, run game, and D. So yeah, everything.

As for "must win or season is toast" -- ahh, smells like the 3 win committee is striking up the band for a version of " We Suck!"

BTW, since you lads took your cues for the upcoming season from all the pre-season publications and regional media.. what was the call for this seasons BC and Wake Forest game?

Pretty universal that BC was supposed to win, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Until we play Duke, or at least see several other Duke performances, I don't know that we're able to guage accurately what their win over Duke means.

Having said that, we need to just steam-roll these bastards on offense. Don't get our panties in a wad over mistakes, and don't get prancy little-girl excited when we get a double-digit or two touchdown lead. When we get a 30 point lead we can start thinking about starting to enjoy it, but until then just focus on steam-rolling these guys.

Let's do it, offensive line. Steady and unstoppable.

Defensive goals:

- Better corner and secondary play
- Get guys in the backfield to force bad throws and make them run the ball

Offensive goals:

- Run block!
- Josh Harris needs to break some tackles and gain 100 yards
- BP needs to keep playing his game
- TP to Givens, Camp, and Davis for 300 yards passing

As for "must win or season is toast" -- ahh, smells like the 3 win committee is striking up the band for a version of " We Suck!"

BTW, since you lads took your cues for the upcoming season from all the pre-season publications and regional media.. what was the call for this seasons BC and Wake Forest game?

Pretty universal that BC was supposed to win, eh?

Not necessarily so.... regardless of any preseason speculation, this is clearly a game we need- you have to beat those at or below your level if you are going to be successful. We can lose to BC and still overachieve, just less likely. We already let Syracuse off the hook. We were better than them. Lets hope this Saturday turns out better for us. Hard to deny this is not a key game for us.

Not necessarily so.... regardless of any preseason speculation, this is clearly a game we need- you have to beat those at or below your level if you are going to be successful. We can lose to BC and still overachieve, just less likely. We already let Syracuse off the hook. We were better than them. Lets hope this Saturday turns out better for us. Hard to deny this is not a key game for us.

Never disagreed with that sentiment, it is a key game, but we are not "toast" if we lose. Definitely no time to take lightly an opponent whom all the preseason pundits picked Wake to lose to...as well it is a matter of time before they adjust to the staff dissarray on O and the return of ACC POY frontrunner (coming into 2011) Montrel Harris.

You take a squad with the best Offensive player in the league and the best Defender (Kuechly) in conference and you have the blocks to build a team.

Some folks are almost as dumb with their incessant moaning and downplaying of the Deacs and now -- out of thin air -- they have the audacity to say that Wake ought to stroll into Chestnut Hill and march all over BC. What!?

That's fucking ridiculous..look for a heart-stopping-starting game that will be decided by 3 points one way or the other.

We need some DE's to come up with hurries and sacks on Rettig and obviously MUST gang-tackle that back.

a big game for all parties involved. we rarely play well in alumni stadium but could really use a win to offset the syracuse loss. boston college has got to be feeling the heat fter their rocky start to teh season.

go deacs!

Given what is before us on the schedule, this is a must win. We once played exceptionally well on the road, that is no longer the case. Must return to the chip on the shoulder attitude that made us so strong before opposition crowds.

After seeing State vs. Cinn., we have to wonder how good we are. This game won't answer that question...unless we lose.

Back