• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston Marathon Bombing - Sgt McCarthy > PhDeac

And then there are those who use these bombs as their ticket to 72 virgins. Completely stand by what I said. Some funny holier than thou posts about this (some think mine are crazy) Bottom line is you have a Arab guy running from a double bombing, he is definitely a suspect.

Yes. A person doing what is totally natural and running from two bombings is completely suspicious. Bigot.

And then there are those who use these bombs as their ticket to 72 virgins. Completely stand by what I said. Some funny holier than thou posts about this (some think mine are crazy) Bottom line is you have a Arab guy running from a double bombing, he is definitely a suspect.

No, he's not a suspect. I'm not sure what you know that the BPD doesn't know.

Agreed. I wouldn't be offended if somebody tackled the white guy running from the cross burning in someone's front yard in Compton.

Those using the bombs as their ticket to 72 virgins typically have them strapped to their chest though.

Shifting away from resident xenophobes, Chicago is a-ok with me:

BH-Ol9xCEAA6eaT.jpg:large

You realize those folks have the bombs literally attached to their bodies, right? They don't run away. They completely disintegrate.

Agreed. I wouldn't be offended if somebody tackled the white guy running from the cross burning in someone's front yard in Compton.

Yes, running from a single burning piece of wood is completely comparable to running from two bomb blasts. Good point.

at the press conference right now, the guy just called the race course a 28 mile long course.

:facepalm:

I do find it amusing that one of the posters who is creating the more politically motivated tags would be the first in line to bitch about others using a tragedy like this to make a political point.

Who would that be? I don't tag. I've done it maybe 5 times ever. I only even read the ones on this thread because freak pointed it out.

Last edited:
"Domestic terrorism in the United States between 1980 and 2000 consisted of 250 of the 335 incidents confirmed as or suspected to be terrorist acts by the FBI. These 250 attacks are considered domestic by the FBI because they were carried out by U.S. citizens.[1]"

Yep, it was DEF the Saudi guy.

I do find it amusing that one of the posters who is creating the more politically motivated tags would be the first in line to bitch about others using a tragedy like this to make a political point.

For the record it was not me...I don't write or read tags.

at the press conference right now, the guy just called the race course a 28 mile long course.

:facepalm:

Before facepalming I'd want to know what is considered part of the course. I know several blocks beyond Dartmouth St (finish line) are blocked off and, for this guy's purposes may be considered part of the course. Likewise in Hopkinton where it starts.

Yes, running from a single burning piece of wood is completely comparable to running from two bomb blasts. Good point.

Okay fine, I'll change it for your benefit. I wouldn't be offended if they tackled the one Irish guy running from the bomb blast in London. Poke holes in that one, PC Mafia. Police detain and question people completely unrelated to crimes all of the time. And what usually happens - if the person had nothing to do with it then they are let go, which is exactly what happened here. It is a fact that if something blows up in a Western country, the Arab guy is going to be the first one to be blamed, regardless of whether or not he had anything to do with it. Want to avoid that presumption? Feel free to stop the Holy War that has been blowing shit up for centuries, nobody is stopping you. Until then, question and release away.

Okay fine, I'll change it for your benefit. I wouldn't be offended if they tackled the one Irish guy running from the bomb blast in London. Poke holes in that one, PC Mafia.

Ok. Unless the dude is draped in the Irish flag and running away from the London bombing, I'm pretty sure there is no snapshot tell-tale sign that he is Irish and not British.

Yes. A person doing what is totally natural and running from two bombings is completely suspicious. Bigot.

Nope. Does not make me a bigot. I would also hazard a guess there are way more folks that share my line of thinking than not. Not saying that makes my line of thinking right, or wrong. Just that it is shared by many.

Actually enjoying all the hand wringing on this thread by some of y'all. Do you think the FBI is using any type of profiling in their initial looks? And that will include White Power folks, military supremicists, Aryan Brotherhood folks etc.

Nope. Does not make me a bigot. I would also hazard a guess there are way more folks that share my line of thinking than not. Not saying that makes my line of thinking right, or wrong. Just that it is shared by many.

Actually enjoying all the hand wringing on this thread by some of y'all. Do you think the FBI is using any type of profiling in their initial looks? And that will include White Power folks, military supremicists, Aryan Brotherhood folks etc.

I am not saying you are a bigot, but your argument doesn't mean you aren't a bigot. There was a time when the majority of the US thought that black people were an inferior race. That majority was a bunch of bigots.

"Domestic terrorism in the United States between 1980 and 2000 consisted of 250 of the 335 incidents confirmed as or suspected to be terrorist acts by the FBI. These 250 attacks are considered domestic by the FBI because they were carried out by U.S. citizens.[1]"

Yep, it was DEF the Saudi guy.

So terrorism stopped in 2000? Awesome, I guess those high school classmates of mine who I thought were under about a million tons of rubble have just been on a really long vacation.

Tackling a dude for doing nothing but being an Arab guy and naturally running away from bomb blasts does kind of make you a bigot. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this one, but you are using a person's race to make a judgement call that they probably had something to do with said bombings based on nothing other than the color of their skin. That is bigotry.

Back