• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Botched execution in OK

I hope not. I suspect that when push comes to shove people like RJ might change their tune when the people dying live a little closer to home and look a little more they do. Wish it didn't take that much to get them to oppose killing innocent people.

they're muslims. rj doesn't give a shit.

how to not botch an execution:

step 1: inject an opiate naive person w/300mg
step 2: they die

step 3: eventually somebody vomits or "heaves" or has a seizure before they are declared dead This method is then labeld botched

you will vomit/heave very early on. seisure: not so much, because you wont be conscious. basically after initial vomit you breathing will get shallower and shallower until you're not breathing anymore. wouldn't take long. I don't believe in the DP, but humans have been doing it so long I don't see how a US. state, with the access, money, and expert doctors can't manage an execution.

It's not clearly where we're going.

False. There will be domestic drones doing DHS and probably routine police work in my lifetime. It's already in nascent stages. Missile strikes won't be routine, but it'll happen on some scale by the end of the century without a doubt.

you will vomit/heave very early on. seisure: not so much, because you wont be conscious. basically after initial vomit you breathing will get shallower and shallower until you're not breathing anymore. wouldn't take long. I don't believe in the DP, but humans have been doing it so long I don't see how a US. state, with the access, money, and expert doctors can't manage an execution.

The Green Mile movie contained the worst depiction of a botched execution. I mean I haven't seen it in years and it still gives me the creeps. It goes on for five minutes. Don't watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9RYLabxCg

The Green Mile movie contained the worst depiction of a botched execution. I mean I haven't seen it in years and it still gives me the creeps. It goes on for five minutes. Don't watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9RYLabxCg

yeah i remember that lol...so upsetting when the person you're executing is not only innocent, but someone who has tried to help others thought their life.

That's fine. I could be wrong. I'd like to see the study.

I figure most murders are typically one of two.

1. Crime of passion - largely unplanned
2. Crime of opportunity - largely unplanned

The crimes that are pre-meditated enough that someone plans to execute them in another state have to be a very small portion.

My first post about murderers trying to convince their victims to travel with them to another state was meant as joke. I'm sure it never happens. I was using the absurd to refute the argument that the death penalty is a deterrent. Sorry for the weak attempt.

False. There will be domestic drones doing DHS and probably routine police work in my lifetime. It's already in nascent stages. Missile strikes won't be routine, but it'll happen on some scale by the end of the century without a doubt.

Drones will be just part of everyday life within 10 years or so. Delivering mail. Surveillance. Providing wi-fi. Tracking license plates of speeders. They may even be a key part of transportation in terms of monitoring traffic and such.

Drones will be just part of everyday life within 10 years or so. Delivering mail. Surveillance. Providing wi-fi. Tracking license plates of speeders. They may even be a key part of transportation in terms of monitoring traffic and such.

It would be pretty boss if drones could control traffic lights.

My first post about murderers trying to convince their victims to travel with them to another state was meant as joke. I'm sure it never happens. I was using the absurd to refute the argument that the death penalty is a deterrent. Sorry for the weak attempt.

Gotcha. Sorry for being dense.

Back