• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl or Not?

If Harris is healthy for next week, yes. If not, no. Whole game changed after he went down.

True. He looks good out there. Better awareness than any of our other non-Camp WRs. Even though he couldn't haul in that last catch, Crump looked pretty good out there to me today. Made a great squeeze on the 4th down play on our late TD drive.

When Wake scored the last touchdown, I looked at the time left on the clock and knew what was going to happen. You can almost set your watch by this from week to week. Wake is always short on talent and material. I don't see this changing anytime in the near future. Frankly, it gets quite boring for me. You can pan me as negative, but after attending games for more than ten years, it's just how I feel now.....

Themuth, I don't think you're wrong, but things are different this year. Grobe seems to have jumped over the 2nd and 3rd year players and is relying on seniors and freshman. He has never pulled the shirts on so many young players before. I think that when the team went in the tank last year, he took names of those who were going through the motions and they were replaced/passed over on the depth chart by the kids. A bowl game would give these kids extra practices to help us for next year.

Last edited:
If we play as hard as we have the last 3 weeks, I think we absolutely can win 3 of final 4. And very likely 2.

I think duke and vandy are very solid teams with same talent level and good coaching. So those will be close games and tough wins. But I think Syracuse we should handle. We were supposed to handle ulm too and that didn't happen. But I think the team the last 3 games is different than the one that played ULM and BC and Clemson. I think we finish 6-6.

We have to beat Syracuse and Duke and that can be accomplished. Interesting side note, I remember us recruiting Drew Allen and actually thinking we had a decent shot at him till Oklahoma swooped in on him at the last minute. That kid deserves a good old fashioned Nikita Whitlock ass kicking all day for stringing us along till the prettier girl asked him to the prom.

Syracuse is our biggest game of the year looking at the status Quo. If we lose to cuse, that will be a guaranteed 3 losses in a row which will take a toll on the mentality of our players for starters.

If we bet cuse we go bowling.

Love our guys. But yet another season of what might have been. Which is the worst. We only get so many chances for program-defining wins.

Losing at the end was indeed sadly predictable, as was their quick score right before halftime.

Mediocrity is killing me. Such a tease. Would rather crater out as a program at this point and start over. I predicted on the bowl poll that we would not go bowling. Sticking with that because of our mental lack of confidence. Duke is playing with house money and will be much more free and aggressive.

I fear even if we do salvage the season and make a bowl, we'll lose and finish with a losing season anyway. Hate being pessimistic but this is the state of things right now.

Nevertheless, proud of so many of our players for their hard work. Wish badly they could be rewarded with more wins.

Love our guys. But yet another season of what might have been. Which is the worst. We only get so many chances for program-defining wins.

Losing at the end was indeed sadly predictable, as was their quick score right before halftime.

Mediocrity is killing me. Such a tease. Would rather crater out as a program at this point and start over. I predicted on the bowl poll that we would not go bowling. Sticking with that because of our mental lack of confidence. Duke is playing with house money and will be much more free and aggressive.

I fear even if we do salvage the season and make a bowl, we'll lose and finish with a losing season anyway. Hate being pessimistic but this is the state of things right now.

Nevertheless, proud of so many of our players for their hard work. Wish badly they could be rewarded with more wins.

You may have picked the wrong college athletics program.

Duke is Camp, Nikita, Tanner and JRoc's last game ever at Groves. I'm hoping that adds fuel to the fire as does them finally beating us last year.

Also, WF will be coming off a bye when it plays Duke. Grobe is good when given extra time to prepare. The Duke game is a good spot for WF.

Back