• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl Watch 2011

I will go wherever we end up.

Interesting story about The University of Wyoming. I was on a road trip in college out West and passed through Laramie. We went to the stadium during the summer and decided to run stairs at the stadium. On a huge sign inside the stadium (like as big as our BB&T signage) it says, "Welcome to 7,200 feet" (or whatever the exact elevation is). It is, no joke, hard to breathe while exercising out there at that elevation. If that is who we play, I'm glad we don't have to play in Wyoming.

Curse

MIami... DC would be better for us.. Can they not wait until next year like UNC to get a bowl. Our could we support our Big 4 brother and allow them the honor of Shreveport...

MIami... DC would be better for us.. Can they not wait until next year like UNC to get a bowl. Our could we support our Big 4 brother and allow them the honor of Shreveport...

Yeah, I'd much rather have DC than Shreveport. The opponent quality would be a wash at worst, and its in a manageable location for more ACC fans. And the city may not be glamorous, but it doesn't suck and isn't lacking for stuff to do.

We should be the last team the Independence Bowl wants! The reason is that nobody will travel and we are the lowest TV draw! I would be all over a bigger school if I were that committee.

We should be the last team the Independence Bowl wants! The reason is that nobody will travel and we are the lowest TV draw! I would be all over a bigger school if I were that committee.

Shreveport has the second-to-last pick this year from the ACC, so they can choose Wake or UNC. UNC can't be chosen over Wake, so Wake has to go. They don't want us anymore than we don't want them, but they have to take us.

Yeah, I'd much rather have DC than Shreveport. The opponent quality would be a wash at worst, and its in a manageable location for more ACC fans. And the city may not be glamorous, but it doesn't suck and isn't lacking for stuff to do.

UNC is probably going to end up playing a Big East team in DC.

Shreveport has the second-to-last pick this year from the ACC, so they can choose Wake or UNC. UNC can't be chosen over Wake, so Wake has to go. They don't want us anymore than we don't want them, but they have to take us.

Can't we just decline our advantage and let them pick UNC?

In 2000, we were 2-9. Heck, last year we were 3-9. The most ACC wins Caldwell EVER had in a season was 3. We've come a long way. Be thankful and glad we are going to a bowl and suck it up and join in the fun.

I see a Commodore... and I want it painted black!

Yeah I wonder if something like this could be worked out, but I'm sure the Military Bowl and UNC wouldn't agree to anything if it required their consent.

Kind of ironic that the Military Bowl theme is to promote the duty & honor of the Armed Forces, and UNC football is prety much the opposite of that right now.

Honestly, with the mess UNC is in, they should defer to us. Would be the least they could do if they aren't going to penalize themselves by sitting out a bowl, like Miami.

Tennessee and NC State open the 2012 season in the ChikFilA Kickoff Classic. Doubtful they will be matched up in the MCB (which may mean Tennessee to the Liberty Bowl more than Wake to the Music City).

green-turtle2.jpg

Back