• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Also, I don't know why people don't value "bad losses" as much as they do "good wins". In theory, if you have a "bad loss" that means you can lose to anybody, just like "good wins" show you can beat anybody.

Wake Forest has absolutely 0 bad losses. The closest they have come to a "bad" loss is a loss to Clemson (36th in KP) or @Cuse (46th in KP). I guarantee nobody else on the bubble a better looking loss resume than Wake Forest does.

Wake is 16-0 against teams ranked 50th or worse in KenPom. There are probably no other schools anywhere around us in the Matrix with a resume like that as far as "bad losses" are concerned.

I feel like roughly two bids are stolen a year, either by a team winning their conf tourney or playing their way in with good conference tournament results. So don't want to be barely hanging in the field as conference tournaments progress

I feel like roughly two bids are stolen a year, either by a team winning their conf tourney or playing their way in with good conference tournament results. So don't want to be barely hanging in the field as conference tournaments progress

Well it's a little too late for that haha.

There is a really, really good chance that Wake is either in the First 4 In or Last 4 Out.

Gonzaga or Saint Mary's can win that tournament. Anybody else and it reduces by one.

The big one is Middle Tennessee State imo. They could steal a bid if they don't win their tournament.

Also, the A-10 needs to be won by Dayton or VCU. Rhode Island or Richmond would steal a bid if they won (as well as anybody else).

MTSU plays a terrible OOC schedule. Their overall record should be irrelevant. If they don't win the conference, they should be out. Just like if GT is 8-10 in the ACC, they should be out.

I dunno. If we get to 19 wins I think we can avoid Dayton

They would have to be 19-14. If Wake ends the season going 0-2, I don't think they have a case even if they win 3 in ACCT. 19-15 just won't get it done IMO.

MTSU plays a terrible OOC schedule. Their overall record should be irrelevant. If they don't win the conference, they should be out. Just like if GT is 8-10 in the ACC, they should be out.

I don't really disagree with you, but they are 33rd in RPI and almost certainly in contention for a bubble spot if they don't win the CUSA Tournament.

I dunno. If we get to 19 wins I think we can avoid Dayton

It would take everything breaking our way to get to 19 wins before The Dance. An 18 win season is a really overachieving and could get us in.

I don't really disagree with you, but they are 33rd in RPI and almost certainly in contention for a bubble spot if they don't win the CUSA Tournament.

If they lose in CUSA, the will fall out of the Top 40 in RPI.

It would take everything breaking our way to get to 19 wins before The Dance. An 18 win season is a really overachieving and could get us in.

False.

We are expected to win one of our remaining two games, and we very well may be favored in the 7/10 game in the ACCT. Hardly "everything breaking our way"

False.

We are expected to win one of our remaining two games, and we very well may be favored in the 7/10 game in the ACCT. Hardly "everything breaking our way"

MAY be favored to win that game and we are underdogs in each of our last two ACC games. I think we beat VT, but they will be favored.

We are at 16 wins now, and are expected to get at least 1/2.

We will be favored in each of our ACC Tournament games as well (assuming we do not play Miami). If we just do what's expected we will likely get 19 wins.

UVa is a possibility in the 7/10 game, too.

We can take 'em given how they're playing right now, but we won't be favored

We are at 16 wins now, and are expected to get at least 1/2.

We will be favored in each of our ACC Tournament games as well (assuming we do not play Miami). If we just do what's expected we will likely get 19 wins.

Ther's a lot that can happen in this year's ACC between now and Brooklyn. I hope it breaks for us. I don't want see people expecting everything to break for us and bitching when a team that has played beyond what all the "experts" thought would likely likely for us before the season.

If we get to 19 wins, make the NCAA and GT doesn't make The Dance, Danny should be ACC COY.

Ther's a lot that can happen in this year's ACC between now and Brooklyn. I hope it breaks for us. I don't want see people expecting everything to break for us and bitching when a team that has played beyond what all the "experts" thought would likely likely for us before the season.

If we get to 19 wins, make the NCAA and GT doesn't make The Dance, Danny should be ACC COY.

Okay, thanks Dad. You sound like such a fucking idiot.

Where would everyone seed the following teams:

20-13, RPI: 28, SOS: 5, 3-9 vs Top25; 4-10 vs Top50; 12-13 vs. Top100

19-14, RPI: 39, SOS: 14, 0-10 v. Top25, 3-11 v. Top50, 10-14 v. Top 100

17-15, RPI 48, SOS: 21, 0-10, 1-12, 9-15

Without knowing specifics like, which conferences are they in; did they lose players to injury during the season; who did they play OOC -this is a parlor game that shows little.

Back