• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Without knowing specifics like, which conferences are they in; did they lose players to injury during the season; who did they play OOC -this is a parlor game that shows little.

That's what RPI and SOS are for. You can assume they're in power conferences because they play 25 games against the Top 100 shithead.

They would have to be 19-14. If Wake ends the season going 0-2, I don't think they have a case even if they win 3 in ACCT. 19-15 just won't get it done IMO.

Long story short - Beat Louisville and we're probably on the inside track. Lose to Louisville and we're clearly on the outside looking in with a lot of ACCT work to do

Where would everyone seed the following teams:

20-13, RPI: 28, SOS: 5, 3-9 vs Top25; 4-10 vs Top50; 12-13 vs. Top100

19-14, RPI: 39, SOS: 14, 0-10 v. Top25, 3-11 v. Top50, 10-14 v. Top 100

17-15, RPI 48, SOS: 21, 0-10, 1-12, 9-15

The final 2 seem to be where Wake could fall.

Top one is Clemson if they win out?

I would seed:

1. 8-9 seed
2. Final Four In
3. Out

I just always try to guess who the teams are rather than scrutinizing each on their own. I suspect those three are all potential scenarios for Wake which just shows how much things can change over the course of a couple weeks (especially conference tournament week).

Of the updated brackets through games of the 22nd (night we beat Pitt), Wake is in 12 of the 40 brackets. Vandy beat Tennessee and is included in a ton of brackets now despite not even really being on the bubble before winning. Tennessee has fallen back behind us and Providence's win over Creighton has them on the up and up. Trending down are TCU and Kansas State who still play each other.

Palm is literally the only bracket out of the 40 updates to have Wichita State out of the bracket.

On a bracketology note on the top end of the Tourney, I believe Gonzaga would now be favored over every team in the nation on the road per KP.

Those were all potential outcomes for wake.

Absolute ceiling (win 4 straight lose in the semis, have Miami win 4 more games to get into the top 25)

Realistic positive outcome (win @VT, the 10/15 game and the 7/10 game)

Realistic negative outcome ( lose the next two, beat Pitt/Clemson lose to 5 seed)

The final 2 seem to be where Wake could fall.

Top one is Clemson if they win out?

I would seed:

1. 8-9 seed
2. Final Four In
3. Out

If the top one is Clemson, they'd have to win out and win three ACCT games, which is beyond highly unlikely.

Depends on what "a lot of work" is. If that means win 2 then sure. I think we need 3 wins either way from here on out.

If we beat Louisville and go 2-2 out then we stand a better chance at 18-14 than if we beat VPI and finish 18-14.

What is Kenpom's prediction for the last two games?

Also - has KP been wrong yet on a game outcome for us?

i can't wait to watch time Dino the next time he does a segment on ESPN talking about bubble teams. "Wake will have to win out and make the ACC tourney final, and then get some help from some other teams and they may get in the final 4 play-ins. clemson and GT on the other hand are safely in"

i've seen him talk about the wake bubble twice, we've been in this same position all year which is about as bubblicious as a team as there is in the country and both times he's been like "wake is just gonna need a miracle, just a super longshot to make the tournament". he's still so mad.

He is sad. Without Wake, he'd be a b-level assistant coach somewhere making less money and working much harder.

I know this means nothing but I find it interesting to support how consistent we are. Wake is currently:

1 - 10 against the current projected NCAA field (Miami)
15 - 2 against teams considered not in (Clemson x2)

Which I'd say should and does place us right on the Bubble or really slightly out since we are 1 game "under". So you could assume that we need two more wins to offset Clemson and put us 1 game "over" and get in.

So for people that think we are some kind of crazy longshot, we are basically 1 game away from what should literally be the definition of on the Bubble.

I know this really over simplifies things, and it needs some sort of weighting for to evaluate most teams, but maybe another way to analyze past results or look at the current Bubble to compare resumes. Hopefully the Tourney Committee already uses this as one of their measures.

He is sad. Without Wake, he'd be a b-level assistant coach somewhere making less money and working much harder.

My NCSU friend this morning said there was a troll post in their coaching search board thread: "Dino Gaudio, welcome to Raleigh!"

I know this means nothing but I find it interesting to support how consistent we are. Wake is currently:

1 - 10 against the current projected NCAA field (Miami)
15 - 2 against teams considered not in (Clemson x2)

Which I'd say should and does place us right on the Bubble or really slightly out since we are 1 game "under". So you could assume that we need two more wins to offset Clemson and put us 1 game "over" and get in.

So for people that think we are some kind of crazy longshot, we are basically 1 game away from what should literally be the definition of on the Bubble.

I know this really over simplifies things, and it needs some sort of weighting for to evaluate most teams, but maybe another way to analyze past results or look at the current Bubble to compare resumes. Hopefully the Tourney Committee already uses this as one of their measures.

This is just based on projections, but Bucknell is favored to win the Patriot League (top seed right now and top KP team in the conference). So maybe 2-10 against projected teams!!!

Back