• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

i've seen him talk about the wake bubble twice, we've been in this same position all year which is about as bubblicious as a team as there is in the country and both times he's been like "wake is just gonna need a miracle, just a super longshot to make the tournament". he's still so mad.

Anyone listening to him calling the Clemson/VT game could obviously tell he was cheering for Clemson. He literally cheered when they hit the shot to take the lead near the end and was completely quiet when VT hit the dagger. He was talking about the bubble and kept pounding home how Clemson had beaten Wake twice and how they deserved to get in. No mention of Wake's credentials. I guess his bitterness is just now coming out because we've been so horrible since his firing and he hadn't had to worry about us getting in to the tournament.

Depends on what "a lot of work" is. If that means win 2 then sure. I think we need 3 wins either way from here on out.

If we beat Louisville and go 2-2 out then we stand a better chance at 18-14 than if we beat VPI and finish 18-14.

Intentionally ambiguous. If we lose to Ville but beat VPI, I would feel cautiously optimistic about 2 wins in the ACCT getting us to the Show. But not a lock. If we go 0-2 over the last two, I think we would need 3 wins for sure.

Those were all potential outcomes for wake.

Absolute ceiling (win 4 straight lose in the semis, have Miami win 4 more games to get into the top 25)

Realistic positive outcome (win @VT, the 10/15 game and the 7/10 game)

Realistic negative outcome ( lose the next two, beat Pitt/Clemson lose to 5 seed)

From ESPN today: "By my back-of-the-envelope math, we probably will be looking at somewhere between 29 and 31 mid-majors when the First Four games get started in Dayton on March 14. We've seen a number as low as 29 before (in 2009), but that was back when the entire tournament field numbered only 65 teams.

Meanwhile a veritable who's who of the ACC's lower midsection is stacked on the bubble like planes on a runway at Thanksgiving. Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and Clemson are all there, and even this assumes ACC teams like Virginia Tech and Miami are safely in. Throw in the non-ACC likes of Providence or an SEC team to be named later (Tennessee? Vanderbilt?), and this bubble has an unmistakable major conference flavor."

Last edited:
Re: Dino

I noticed that too. I enjoy listening to him though, it definitely keeps it more interesting. Especially when he starts talking X's and O's

However, you'd think he'd be over it by now since it was proven by [Redacted] that Dino's firing at the time was the wrong move. And we have suffered for 6 fucking years at this point. Your revenge has been gotten Dino. And you should have some sense of sympathy for the program given how all this crap started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can you imagine Vegas putting out a Gonzaga -2 line at Phog Allen?

Also I think UCLA is super fucking overrated after watching them last night. They are one awkward PG who tries waay too hard and a bunch of giant white stiffs. No way they make it to FF. I know they beat UK but that was back in december at which point UK is a bunch of dudes who have known each other for like 2 weeks.

Lonzo Ball's father said he is better than Steph Curry today plus he's younger.

How bad would a loss to Davidson hurt Dayton?

Davidson up 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back