• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

UAB just missed a three at the buzzer and MTSU survives to win by 2. UAB got a great look.

Louisville shredding the Syracuse defense.

MTSU ekes one out at UAB.

I'm starting to get the feeling they're getting in as long as they don't embarrass themselves in the CUSA tourney

So Wake's problem is they haven't beaten any quality teams right? MTSU is 0-1 versus RPI top 25. Wake is 0-8. Is it better to have not played anyone or played a lot of good teams and lost?

What is MTSU vs teams outside the top 100?

For Wake to put their best foot forward, they have to win out, which would give them a win over a Top 10 Louisville team, and beat Virginia Tech to wiggle into the 8/9 game of the ACCT (which I guess means they get VPI again). Beat VPI again and then it's a date with the Tar Heels on Thursday.

I feel like a team that finishes tied for 8th in a "ten bid conference", who beats the team they tied with twice in the last week of the season gets in. Beating the Heels probably means a berth in an 8/9 game.

And hopefully it won't come down to MTSU vs. Wake! Hopefully we both make it.

Either way, they do have more RPI Top 100 road/neutral wins (3) than we do (2) (obviously could change), and they won two of those decisively. Challenged themselves outside the conference (#16 non-conference SOS). If there's a mid-major that gets the benefit of the doubt, and I think there will be, my bet would be on them

Yeah, I don't think that loss will look as bad as it could've given that UTEP has turned it around in conference play.

Of course, the argument could be made that it's a reflection on CUSA being turrible.

If MTSU shits the bed against a bad team in the next couple weeks that would obviously completely change things

Palm moved USC up to a 6 seed. Ridiculous if that becomes true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gKVg6.gif

X loses by 9. Collapsing.

Xavier is favored in their last two games - home vs. Marquette and at DePaul. If they lose both, they will go into the Big East tournament on a 7-game losing streak, 8-10 in conference and an underdog in their first Big East tournament game.

They can still play themselves out.

Especially since the Sumner injury is such an easy explanation for their struggles, and he won't be back.

If they can't beat anyone besides DePaul in the last month-plus, they don't deserve to dance

Yeah, I don't think that loss will look as bad as it could've given that UTEP has turned it around in conference play.

Last night Bilas went on a little rant on how teams should get credit for how the team they beat were playing at the time. If a team struggles then turns it around he wouldn't give a team credit for beating a top 20 team since they weren't when they were beaten earlier.

Palm moved USC up to a 6 seed. Ridiculous if that becomes true.

Yeah that's absurd. They are currently in a tight game against Arizona State. If they lose that then they have three potential land mines in Washington, Washington St., and their first round P12 opponent. Lose one of those and they might miss the tourney altogether, especially if the committee considers advanced metrics whatsoever.

Last night Bilas went on a little rant on how teams should get credit for how the team they beat were playing at the time. If a team struggles then turns it around he wouldn't give a team credit for beating a top 20 team since they weren't when they were beaten earlier.

Rolled my eyes when I heard that. Not sure exactly how that would work

USC with an almighty choke in the desert. 10 point lead w/ 4:00 left, vamoosh!

Pac-12 has three very good teams, but the rest is just trash

Back