• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Yea I think they get rid of the ones that are too old, but they pop back in once they update as well.

Got a decent bump on bracketmatrix - currently an 11 seed, but now appearing on 73 of 109 brackets (looks like the site purged 14 brackets as a I swear it was 123 this morning...)

Surprised that GT is only on 2 brackets now. After last night, feeling good that Houston is done and so is Cal.

Tech is probably done unless they upset Cuse tomorrow or go to the QF+ in the ACCT.

If Wake is going to win tomorrow then we will want to pull for Tech in their game because we will basically be pulling for seeding.

It actually was Katz asking Kara Lawson what team could barely get in and win a game or two, and she said us since we're tested being in the ACC, we have a star in Collins and b/c we're potent offensively.

Andy had a huge smile on his face after her comments

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Of course they chatted about this beforehand since they had video of us ready to go, so it sounds like they were making the point, and believe strongly that we can do some damage in the NCAAT. I'd hate to draw us since we can drop 90+ on anyone on any given night. Hopefully the committee agrees we are a team with a decent chance of beating anyone. There really isn't a team out there this year that really scares me or that I don't think we couldn't upset.

Whoever loses the Tech/Cuse game is on the outside looking in entering the ACCT IMO.

Syracuse has a really bad RPI of 77 and a SOR of 53 so one would have to think they are really out if they lose tomorrow. Georgia Tech on the other hand is 93 on the RPI and 55 on the SOR. Neither one are very good and not worthy of entry on their own merits. They would be getting in just based on the Atlantic Coast Conference being great this season and the rest of the basketball world being bad.

Also given the merits of two straight Wake Forest losses if it were to happen one might imagine a home court NIT game for the Deacons given that Joe Lunardi has us as a First Four In at this point there is no room for any error. In fact there is not any room for error for many of us. Look at Xavier now also

If Wake makes the Tournament then they will be a sexy pick for the S16. Matchups matter obviously, but would only be a 1-5 point dog to the current projected 6 seeds.

Have this nagging feeling we gonna get screwed no matter what. It will be due to ACC hatred, a desire to not have a geographic concentration of teams, and we usually get screwed.

I tend to think Wake is going to be treated excellent by the committee. Strength of schedule both OOC & overall... played on road several times without having to. Locked in a great win vs Ville. If Collins wins POY that will already be known before selection time. I think Wake gets in with a loss tomorrow & win vs BC. A win tomorrow & Dayton is no longer an option IMO.

I tend to think Wake is going to be treated excellent by the committee. Strength of schedule both OOC & overall... played on road several times without having to. Locked in a great win vs Ville. If Collins wins POY that will already be known before selection time. I think Wake gets in with a loss tomorrow & win vs BC. A win tomorrow & Dayton is no longer an option IMO.

I'm with you on this. Wake has a Name coach. Danny Manning will earn a bit of his salary because his name will resonate with the guys doing the selecting. Also, the John Collins story will make for great "interest" programming. Unknown big man recruit gets coached up by Danny Manning to be ACC POY contender and mid first round or possible NBA lottery pick in two years.

I'm with you on this. Wake has a Name coach. Danny Manning will earn a bit of his salary because his name will resonate with the guys doing the selecting. Also, the John Collins story will make for great "interest" programming. Unknown big man recruit gets coached up by Danny Manning to be ACC POY contender and mid first round or possible NBA lottery pick in two years.

Not only is DM a name coach, he's not an ass. From all indications he's universally liked in the hoops community. This is when having a calm presence on the bench helps, IMO.

The first time Outlaw lines up for a three, whoever closes out on him needs to "accidentally" plow into him. Give the foul and 3 free throws but also give him and the other three point shooters something to think about when shooting. If it makes it a chippy game with lots of fouls called all the better with their severe lack of depth.

The first time Outlaw lines up for a three, whoever closes out on him needs to "accidentally" plow into him. Give the foul and 3 free throws but also give him and the other three point shooters something to think about when shooting. If it makes it a chippy game with lots of fouls called all the better with their severe lack of depth.

Agreed. We should put in TVH and have him pull some Patrick Davidson shit on Seth Allen as well. No holds barred in this game. We need the win.

Not only is DM a name coach, he's not an ass. From all indications he's universally liked in the hoops community. This is when having a calm presence on the bench helps, IMO.

Let's hope this is part of the payoff for Danny more quietly working the refs, rather than showing them up. Let him save the fire for the locker room. He or somebody seems to have found the magic speech for the last two games.

Back