• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

John Collins alternative recipe: pour 3 ounces of fine scotch whiskey into a heavy glass, add some ice (or not). Repeat as necessary.

Did not see it, but fuck Boeheim. Disappointed in myself for only knowing recently that Boeheim is a horrible, horrible human being.

Ha; really?? C'mon. The guy made legitimate points and he is defending his team. And he made it perfectly clear that he told his team that the reason they were not in was their own fault. They didn't win enough games. I heard no pissin and moaning, accepts the process and he looks forward to the challenge ahead of his team in the NIT. Put ourselves in Syracuse shoes. They had three to 10 wins; 6 top 50. And finished 9th and over .500 in the toughest Conference in the Country. Doesn't matter to me if they were in my own bathtubs; they were wins. And they did beat us head-head. Now I'm not saying they should be in before us, no way but give the guy a break. Or are we just pissed that he dissed Greensboro? Ok, I get that. And I know they are asshole buddies, but the only truly horrible Coach in the ACC is Rat Face. Period.

Last edited:
That is actually really hilarious even beyond these boards, given the national comments he made about Greensboro a few days ago.

I'm guessing that's what the NIT was going for.

Ha; really?? C'mon. The guy made legitimate points and he is defending his team. And he made it perfectly clear that he told his team that the reason they were not in was their own fault. They didn't win enough games. I heard no pissin and moaning, accepts the process and he looks forward to the challenge ahead of his team in the NIT. Put ourselves in Syracuse shoes. They had three to 10 wins; 6 top 50. And finished 9th and over .500 in the toughest Conference in the Country. Doesn't matter to me if they were in my own bathtubs; they were wins. And they did beat us head-head. Now I'm not saying they should be in before us, no way but give the guys a break. Or are we just pissed that he dissed Greensboro? Ok, I get that. But I know they are asshole buddies, but the only truly horrible Coach in the ACC is Rat Face. Period.

I don't care if he doesn't like playing in G'boro, I get that, but to do a rant, after you lose, in a presser that is going to be picked up nationally, makes you look like an idiot.

Their ONLY two road wins were at State and Clemson.

Their ONLY OOC road game was then league imposed @Wisc, which they lost.

They had at home:

FSU W
UVA W
Ville L
dook W

We had
UNC L
Dook L
Ville W

The unbalanced schedule creates unequal opportunities for teams.

And he's an ass for bring up Wake since it was USC and KState that got in before them.

Boeheim has been insufferable since joining the ACC. It is Grumpy Old Men without the humor.

Give the guy a break; He saw another great Conference, the Big East pulled out from under him and was thrown into the ACC against his wishes. He was in mourning, and he's getting over it, slowly. But check the record; he didn't become a Hall of Fame Coach picking his ass. Guy's a whiny old winner but a winner never the less. The Tourney will be just a little less interesting with B not in it.

Give the guy a break; He saw another great Conference, the Big East pulled out from under him and was thrown into the ACC against his wishes. He was in mourning, and he's getting over it, slowly. But check the record; he didn't become a Hall of Fame Coach picking his ass. Guy's a whiny old winner but a winner never the less. The Tourney will be just a little less interesting with B not in it.

speak for yourself

I don't care if he doesn't like playing in G'boro, I get that, but to do a rant, after you lose, in a presser that is going to be picked up nationally, makes you look like an idiot.

Their ONLY two road wins were at State and Clemson.

Their ONLY OOC road game was then league imposed @Wisc, which they lost.

They had at home:

FSU W
UVA W
Ville L
dook W

We had
UNC L
Dook L
Ville W

The unbalanced schedule creates unequal opportunities for teams.

And he's an ass for bring up Wake since it was USC and KState that got in before them.

Put your big boy pants on; he had an opinion and gave it. It was no "rant". We're in, he's out. I would hope Manning would do the same if he was in his shoes.

Nah. Manning wouldn't call out another team specifically. He would've solely blamed himself and the players and not talked about anyone else. Not Manning's style.

My bigger problem is ESPN giving him the platform to vent. If it was us I highly doubt Manning is brought on for a public bitch session.

But something tells me Manning would've taken the high road, anyway

He's had a great coaching career. You know him better than I do, has he always been such a whiney sore loser?

Back