• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brandon Childress Commits!!!

There should be nothing but excitement from signing Brandon

Go deacs!!!

One good thing is if we get some bigs, we can play guards who are 6-6'2 together. We'll have stoppers behind them unlike when we played CP3, Taron and Justin. It's also hugely different playing two versus playing three short guards.

So, 247 is now our standard for evaluating recruits? Is it possible that Deman used some connections to help boost his ranking? To be clear, I am thrilled Brandon committed. Sounds like he is a player based on comments from some here who have seen him play. I am not convinced he is a top 60 recruit bc one service (who employs someone who has overrated our past recruits) says he is, while all the others have him outside their top 100. We will see where he lands as other recruiting services update their rankings. If he is not a generally considered top 60, that doesn't mean he wasn't a great get. There are a lot of good players that fall outside of that distinction.

So, 247 is now our standard for evaluating recruits? Is it possible that Deman used some connections to help boost his ranking? To be clear, I am thrilled Brandon committed. Sounds like he is a player based on comments from some here who have seen him play. I am not convinced he is a top 60 recruit bc one service (who employs someone who has overrated our past recruits) says he is, while all the others have him outside their top 100. We will see where he lands as other recruiting services update their rankings. If he is not a generally considered top 60, that doesn't mean he wasn't a great get. There are a lot of good players that fall outside of that distinction.

I don't think Deman influences (or even can influence) the recruiting rankings at all.. that seems like a stretch.

The kid has two years of ball left and is playing with some higher profile guys now. That is also two more years to put on some muscle and maybe even grow an inch or two. The rankings will work themselves out.

Back