• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brandon Childress Commits!!!

If tell me that Brandon will have as good a career as Taron did at Wake, I'll be ecstatic.

If tell me that Brandon will have as good a career as Taron did at Wake, I'll be ecstatic.

I echo those sentiments! Taron was a favorite of mine along with Chill, The Mangler (sigh), CP3 (of course), Trelonnie and lest we not forget the Big Fundamental. Oh and Tony Rutland, love me some smiling T-Rut. Probably my top 6 and that would be one formidable line up with a back court rotation of those four, Tree at the 3 (we could get away with it since Timmy would be protecting the paint), Darius at the 4 and TD. Holy shit. The stuff of dreams.

It's funny on a thread where we are all joking about butchering English, I can't tell if RJ is in on the joke or not.

Anyway, i agree with the point. Taron is one of my favorite Deacs.

The machines will have won, so it will probably be a mute point by then anyway.

Oooh, good one! Think I hate that one more than when people unwittingly substitute "jive" for the word jibe. It shouldn't bother me so much, but my tolerance for such word-mangling is always overwhelmed by the defective part of my brain that is supposed to suppress exasperation! ;)

A few years ago Taron showed up at Rusty league and he and Ish went at it. It was a pretty even battle. If I had to say, Ish outplayed him by an eyelash.

Brandon is a great pick up.; Our lineup is going to be NICE and VERY interchangeable for all intensive purposes.

Oooh, good one! Think I hate that one more than when people unwittingly substitute "jive" for the word jibe. It shouldn't bother me so much, but my tolerance for such word-mangling is always overwhelmed by the defective part of my brain that is supposed to suppress exasperation! ;)

Yada yada yada, blasé blasé.

This just in - In a move worthy of an O Henry tale, Larry Brown has just asked Harry Giles' entire family to join the staff at SMU.

Just kidding folks.

This just in - In a move worthy of an O Henry tale, Larry Brown has just asked Harry Giles' entire family to join the staff at SMU.

Just kidding folks.

The fact that it's not out of the realm of possibility makes that really funny.

It's funny on a thread where we are all joking about butchering English, I can't tell if RJ is in on the joke or not.

Anyway, i agree with the point. Taron is one of my favorite Deacs.

Mine too. He was a dominate player at times.

I think there is another younger brother some may think is even better but not sure.

I think there is another younger brother some may think is even better but not sure.

Not sure if that's the Childress' or the Larues. I've heard the youngest, a freshman at Reagan I believe, is the best out of the Larue boys.

"Irregardless" is a double negative, but today's dictionary is such a stew of modern-day tech words and hybrids that no one really should care this much on a message board. But damn it, this is Wake Forest!! :)

"Much of the criticism comes from the double negative pairing of the prefix (ir-) and suffix (-less), which stands in contrast to the negative polarity exhibited by most standard varieties of English."

you know how you can tell you are reading the Wake sports board? because people are arguing over a double negative and the proper use of grammar, etc. Hilarious.

Back