• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brian Williams "misremembers" Iraq helicopter shooting

It's a shame that mental gymnastics is no longer an Olympic sport.

As an aside, the image of some portly, angry balding butthurt Dems up late at night scouring 40 years of news coverage looking for an exaggeration by a commentator they swear they don't watch might be one of the pitiable things I have thought of in a while. Life is short, peeps.

Sure. Because the Brian Williams information came out organically.

Hypocrisy fits you like cellulite on a dook cheerleader.

As an aside- it is funny how the right has such little faith in their newscasters that fabrications by said newscasters are no big deal, while fabrications by somebody on NBC are a travesty. It's almost like they know thier folks are full of shit...

For the record, I don't watch any of it, network or cable.

Sure. Because the Brian Williams information came out organically.

Hypocrisy fits you like cellulite on a dook cheerleader.

As an aside- it is funny how the right has such little faith in their newscasters that fabrications by said newscasters are no big deal, while fabrications by somebody on NBC are a travesty. It's almost like they know thier folks are full of shit...

For the record, I don't watch any of it, network or cable.

The soldier in "his" helicopter [spoiler alert: not precisely his] called him out on it. I'd say he has a stake in the matter.

But by all means, man the butthurt parapets and boil the oil.

Both fabricated easily verifiable events. Narcissism would likely be the cause of both. Color me equally unimpressed with both of them.

Williams should lose his job, and he ultimately may. My fellow Irishman will continue to spin his no-spin web of lies.

I am not O'Reilly fan, but he and Brian Williams have different jobs with different standards. O'Reilly, to my knowledge, doesn't claim to be a journalist. He's a commentator.

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly threatened a New York Times reporter on Monday night, promising to come after the reporter "with everything I have" if he felt that any of the reporter's coverage about his Falklands war controversy was inappropriate.

"Mr. O’Reilly’s efforts to refute the claims by Mother Jones and some former CBS News colleagues occurred both on the air and off on Monday," the Times' Emily Steel and Ravi Somaiya reported. "During a phone conversation, he told a reporter for The New York Times that there would be repercussions if he felt any of the reporter’s coverage was inappropriate. 'I am coming after you with everything I have,' Mr. O’Reilly said. 'You can take it as a threat.'

Steel confirmed on Twitter that she was the reporter in question. Reached by email late Monday night, she declined to comment further, noting that "the story speaks for itself." A Fox News spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment from O'Reilly.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/02/bill-oreilly-threatens-ny-times-reporter-202990.html

Personally, I don't care if O'Reilly stretched the truth about what happened in Argentina decades ago.

I do care, however, that he got up on a moral high horse attacking Brian Williams for doing basically the same thing in his own war coverage over a decade ago. Just another example of that blowhard O'Reilly being a total hypocrite.

i don't care at all what bill o'reilly says about any topic at any time

or brian williams for that matter

i refuse to watch/read any news until all news anchors denounce brian williams and take concrete steps to eliminate discrepancies in the personal anecdotes of all anchors

It's a nuanced way of saying he's full of shit.

Whoever wrote that should move ahead two spaces. Had he actually been shell-shocked, he'd still have a job. His professional rivals have the sweater pulled over his head and the haymakers are landing.

Back