• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Broncos Jets?

Well crap I edited instead of starting a new post there.

Regardless, it seems there are a few people more interested in facts than playing gotcha and whose viewpoints I can accept.

Shitty opposing offenses -- certainly true. The two non-shitty offenses they played scored more than 20 against them and they went 1-1.

Tebow "inspiring" the defense? -- Eh, possible. Can't rule it out, yet. There was some improvement already built in though I think, especially considering the competition.

I don't give a shit what Vince Young would have done. I can't see how that could possibly be less relevant.

And with that, I'm fine with leaving this here. There are a couple irrational shits that are just being jackasses and nitpicking to try to make a lameass point, and there are some people that are seriously interested in having a discussion and those people seem to be somewhere near the same page -- or at least in the same chapter -- as I am.

Well crap I edited instead of starting a new post there.

Regardless, it seems there are a few people more interested in facts than playing gotcha and whose viewpoints I can accept.

Shitty opposing offenses -- certainly true. The two non-shitty offenses they played scored more than 20 against them and they went 1-1.

Tebow "inspiring" the defense? -- Eh, possible. Can't rule it out, yet. There was some improvement already built in though I think, especially considering the competition.
I don't give a shit what Vince Young would have done. I can't see how that could possibly be less relevant.

And with that, I'm fine with leaving this here. There are a couple irrational shits that are just being jackasses and nitpicking to try to make a lameass point, and there are some people that are seriously interested in having a discussion and those people seem to be somewhere near the same page -- or at least in the same chapter -- as I am.

I think its not only more than possible but occurred. If he can rally an entire city around him its not unreasonable to think he can do it for a few guys on the other side of the ball.

The Vince Young thing is relevant because people accurately state that Tebow has if anything proven he can evoke emotions that not many others can.

You know why people egg you on though, right? Any time anyone questions anything you say you flip into this strange robo kanhoji that's two parts arrogant condescension and one part palpable rage. I'm even willing to give you credit that when you said "He's a terrible quarterback being backed up by a great defense," you actually meant "the middling Broncos defense has played pretty well in the games that he won." But god forbid anyone interpret it differently, they must be an idiot!

It's exactly the shit you complain about people doing to you. Most people would just clarify and move on, and none of the name calling nonsense gets started. But you do the defend at all costs, blood pressure rising, everyone's an idiot but me routine, which depending on the poster youre asking and the degree to which the thread is ruined, is either pretty hilarious or really fucking annoying.

Last edited:
The AFC is really down this year.

KC is awful. Pats aren't a great team. Colts totally shit the bed. Rivers / San Diego suck this year. Jets appear to also be pretty terrible. Texans were having a breakout year and now they've lost Schaub. Steelers / Ravens appear to be the 2 main contenders now. But right now I'm thinking Pack Back 2 Back.

edited to add that Denver isn't going anywhere either

Last edited:
You know why people egg you on though, right? Any time anyone questions anything you say you flip into this strange robo kanhoji that's two parts arrogant condescension and one part palpable rage. I'm even willing to give you credit that when you said "He's a terrible quarterback being backed up by a great defense," you actually meant "the middling Broncos defense has played pretty well in the games that he won." But god forbid anyone interpret it differently, they must be an idiot!

It's exactly the shit you complain about people doing to you. Most people would just clarify and move on, and none of the name calling nonsense gets started. But you do the defend at all costs, blood pressure rising, everyone's an idiot but me routine, which depending on the poster youre asking and the degree to which the thread is ruined, is either pretty hilarious or really fucking annoying.

His username ends with angry, are you telling him something he doesn't know?

I can only assume you decided not to read the entire thread before posting this.

People who aren't constantly trying to nitpick me have basically said I'm right.

Last edited:
Har har haven't heard that one before, Corky.

I'm the first person in the thread to agree with you. you're a little nuts. Get out more opposed to feeding off the ire of people on teh interweb. It ain't serious business.

If you believe in God, you believe that He cares about everything that happens in your life, no matter how small. Jesus said as much. If you don't believe in God, then why do you have such a strong opinion over where He should draw the line on where to intervene in our lives? The belief that God doesn't have the time or interest to care about football is an effort to limit God.

Theres so much more to it than just focusing on that 4 game stretch and jumping to a conclusion that they are a good defense. That is what you said at first, then when confronted about that you changed your tune to them playing great for the 4 game stretch but look beyond the numbers, look at the offenses they have faced in that 4 game stretch. (Oak in Palmers first start, MIA nuff said, KC absolute garbage offensively, and the Jets whom haven't been able to run or throw with any consistency this year). Tebow keeps winning and it surprises the shit out of me because he just isn't good but he finds ways to win which I cant argue. It's been a perfect storm for him but when they play someone legit, I'll be shocked if he comes out a winner.

Tons of guys on the defense have talked about how they support Tebow, I believe Champ Bailey said he has "it". The guys on the team really are rallying around him. And either way they are winning games, yeah he might not be awesome but I'd rather have him right now over any qb drafted in the last two years not named Cam Newton or Andy Dalton.

But EVERY other football player thanks God or prays in the endzone or whatever. Wake players do it. NFL players do it. It's bullshit to pick and choose who's wrong for thanking God and who is just doing their own thing.

This. Should tebow apologize for winning. They drafted him. They played him. He's done nothing but act professionally. Tebow hatred is ridiculous. I have never watched a player take the beating he takes in the media and handlevit with better class.

The AFC is really down this year.

KC is awful. Pats aren't a great team. Colts totally shit the bed. Rivers / San Diego suck this year. Jets appear to also be pretty terrible. Texans were having a breakout year and now they've lost Schaub. Steelers / Jags appear to be the 2 main contenders now. But right now I'm thinking Pack Back 2 Back.

edited to add that Denver isn't going anywhere either

Jags really? I'd say the Ravens are contenders despite finding a way to lose to all the crappy teams and beat the good ones.

Yeah give no credit to the defense that gave his shitty offense a chance to pull one out of their ass.

Or, you could yank your head out of your ass and listen to the guys on HIS team...that's right, I said HIS team.

Learn something about football...namely the number one attribute in the game which is Leadership. That D is playing 'inspired' and a large reason for that is Tim fucking Tebow.

This kid is a winner and no uglier a football player than two other winners like Joe Kapp and Billy Kilmer.

ugh...didn't pay attention because i thought the Jets would crush them.

damn, we may not make the playoffs

I don't think think it has as much to do with Tebow inspiring the defense (at least not til the 4th when he suddenly turns into Super-Tebow and can actually do stuff right) but more a factor at how well rested the defense is due to the Tebow-led offense now running the hell out of the football. They are playing less total possessions and are always getting a few minutes on the sideline.

I don't think think it has as much to do with Tebow inspiring the defense (at least not til the 4th when he suddenly turns into Super-Tebow and can actually do stuff right) but more a factor at how well rested the defense is due to the Tebow-led offense now running the hell out of the football. They are playing less total possessions and are always getting a few minutes on the sideline.

No debate among his team members... they play harder when Tim is on the field. Period. From their lips to whoever has ears to hear, as it were.

If you believe in God, you believe that He cares about everything that happens in your life, no matter how small. Jesus said as much. If you don't believe in God, then why do you have such a strong opinion over where He should draw the line on where to intervene in our lives? The belief that God doesn't have the time or interest to care about football is an effort to limit God.

Great point, anyone ever thought that god maybe using tim tebow and football to witness to millions of people? Guess you would have to believe in god though.

I meant to say Ravens instead of Jags above.

Does anyone dispute the AFC is definitely in a down year?

Back