• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Broncos Jets?

mcknight traded about 3 yards for 11 seconds.

is it Vaughn or Von? Pretty sure it's Von. Not trying to be a smart ass either

I seriously don't get the Tebow hate. He's not a good QB. He doesn't think he's a good QB. Everyone in the media says he isn't a good QB. He just goes out, plays to the best of his abilities, and walks the talk about what he finds important in life. He doesn't ask for the attention like Favre. He doesn't push his beliefs on anyone. Everyone who doesn't have an agenda against him that I've heard (listen to /read the Matthew Berry segments on him) says he's just a good, genuine dude.

Is there something to be said for the Tebow offense being much harder to stop with 4 downs? Much harder to guess run/pass.

I dislike him because I feel like he's getting a lot of undeserved credit. He's a terrible quarterback being backed up by a great defense. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl this way. No one thinks he was something special.

You talking about Tebow? Denver has a below-average defense.

If you want my honest opinion I believe this offense will work this year, similar to what you saw with the Dolphins when they busted out the wildcat. The following seasons teams were prepared for it and it nearly is useless now. I have a feeling this will be the case with this offense.

i just dont understand it. its like on that final drive the coaches were just like, yo tim, just do what you have to do. and he somehow manages a way to do despite being such a terrible qb

You talking about Tebow? Denver has a below-average defense.

I thought he was talking about Sanchez. Of course, he did just admit he hasn't watched any NFL this year.

If you want my honest opinion I believe this offense will work this year, similar to what you saw with the Dolphins when they busted out the wildcat. The following seasons teams were prepared for it and it nearly is useless now. I have a feeling this will be the case with this offense.

did you only watch the final drive? their offense was putrid before that point. and what they ran during that final drive was basically backyard, let tebow read the defense and just go

He can't beat anyone with his arm. I can't believe teams keep letting him beat them with his feet. It's collective insanity.

This is why people hate Tebow. Von Miller had a heck of a game and the first question he gets asked is about Tebow. Unfair to Tebow because it's really hate for the media.

Love the way Tebow just wins.

Gotta say this though: I don't share any of his personal religious beliefs. But if I was an evangelical Christian, I would be insulted by all his praying and Tebowing. Jesus doesn't give a shit about whether you win this game! I completely understand praying before and after games for safety, thankfulness to get to play the game you love, etc but the excessive praying in the middle of the game for his team to do well is ridiculous - even if you share his beliefs.

If you shared his beliefs, you'd think differently.

did you only watch the final drive? their offense was putrid before that point. and what they ran during that final drive was basically backyard, let tebow read the defense and just go

I watched the whole game. He was garbage until the final drive, but he was able to get it done in crunch time. I think some of the success has to do with just mind boggling calls by the Jets (jailbreak blitz up the middle with no containment on the edge against a guy with little chance of making a play with his arm). I think the read option will be successful enough to win games this year, after that I am not so sure it will work.

But EVERY other football player thanks God or prays in the endzone or whatever. Wake players do it. NFL players do it. It's bullshit to pick and choose who's wrong for thanking God and who is just doing their own thing.

But EVERY other football player thanks God or prays in the endzone or whatever. Wake players do it. NFL players do it. It's bullshit to pick and choose who's wrong for thanking God and who is just doing their own thing.

Exactly. People act like Tim Tebow is the first Christian athlete since AC Green.

ryan.gif

No, I know other athletes pray after scoring touchdowns, thank Jesus in their post game interviews, etc. And that always gets on my nerves too. I just can't think of another athlete that prays so much throughout the game. Seems like every time the Broncos are on defense, he's over there asking JC to give Von Miller an extra boost.

If you shared his beliefs, you'd think differently.

Probably so. People more religious than me pray for stuff all the time that makes me want to say "do you really think that's what this prayer thing is for?" But I guess that's part of the belief - that because of your personal relationship with God, the Big Man really does care about you scoring touchdowns, getting you out of speeding tickets, making sure your employer gives you a holiday bonus, etc.

Tebow is a man. Who cares how he does it? He plays his guts out and wins.

Back