• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford Hiring An Agent, Staying in Draft

Something like 99% of college athletes "go pro" in some field that is not their sport in college. That is where the student part of student-athlete becomes useful. And a degree even moreso.

Or some of us have become adults, lived our lives, met people we may have once considered #publicschoolfilth and realized that we aren’t better than them just because we went to Wake.

True. We are better than them for a handful of other reasons.

I totally get your point. but I think most/all coaching jobs in the NCAA require a college degree. I seem to recall it was a problem for Sydney Lowe at NCSU.
For some careers a college degree might not matter. But to act like stopping 75% of the way to a degree from a top 25 school is a good decision seems a little bit of a silly position.

Someone brought up Lowe earlier. It was only a “problem” for Lowe in that he had to spend the summer after he got hired taking some online classes at some podunk school. In other words, it wasn’t a problem.

Something like 99% of college athletes "go pro" in some field that is not their sport in college. That is where the student part of student-athlete becomes useful. And a degree even moreso.
Yeah, but Crawford is in the 1%.

Maybe some of them don’t want to work at Enterprise.

I was going to say that I think he and Moore made a bad choice, but who the heck knows. I guess I’m not happy they left and it feels like a bad idea to me, but I’m not sure for Crawford that another year would really make him a better player. Moore on the other hand, might have benefited from staying another year and producing at a higher level.

Back