• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford Hiring An Agent, Staying in Draft

yes, they do and thats exactly my point. A Euro team is probably going to be more interested in Crawford when his agent hypes him as All Conference player in the top college conference in the US and a top 5 all time scorer at his college (hey, this guy must be pretty good...look at what he did in college!) rather than scouts actually watching him play as he has a tendency to make even his supporters watch him and think, "damn, for a guy this good, he kinda sucks." From this point on until forever, he is judged solely by what Euro scouts see on the court. He has thrown away his agent's best bargaining chip of touting his US college accolades, because he has none.

Last edited:
And the Israeli hummus is 3x better than the stuff at Whole Foods. The spreads they put out for appetizers are first rate for sure.

I get hummus from some Real middle easterners and it’s pretty fabu.

yes, they do and thats exactly my point. A Euro team is probably going to be more interested in Crawford when his agent hypes him as All Conference player in the top college conference in the US and a top 5 all time scorer at his college (hey, this guy must be pretty good...look at what he did in college!) rather than scouts actually watching him play as he has a tendency to make even his supporters watch him and think, "damn, for a good this good, he kinda sucks." From this point on until forever, he is judged solely by what Euro scouts see on the court. He has thrown away his agent's best bargaining chip of touting his US college accolades, because he has none.

No accolades??? How quickly you forget that Crawford helped lead Wake to a play in game for making the NCAA tournament just two years ago???

Exposure is not the problem for Bryant Crawford, far from it.

yes, they do and thats exactly my point. A Euro team is probably going to be more interested in Crawford when his agent hypes him as All Conference player in the top college conference in the US and a top 5 all time scorer at his college (hey, this guy must be pretty good...look at what he did in college!) rather than scouts actually watching him play as he has a tendency to make even his supporters watch him and think, "damn, for a good this good, he kinda sucks." From this point on until forever, he is judged solely by what Euro scouts see on the court. He has thrown away his agent's best bargaining chip of touting his US college accolades, because he has none.

Wut?

So Crawford is going to be good enough to be all conference in the best league in college basketball but any scout who watches him is going to know he sucks?

Wut?

So Crawford is going to be good enough to be all conference in the best league in college basketball but any scout who watches him is going to know he sucks?

Crawford does lots of good things on the BB court. Unfortunately, some of his not so good things end up being spectacularly, LOL bad. Either in timing or in the way the play happens. So the bad plays tend to be magnified out of proportion.

Exposure is not the same as accolades. Crawford got exposure. John Collins got accolades.

Some career achievements would have helped Crawford's case for a better overseas contract. Actually being top 5 career scorer at Wake is better than "was on pace to be top 5 scorer at Wake."

I read that article about Israeli basketball, and thought "a paid-for seaside apartment sounds pretty cool." Then I Google mapped the place in which Bryant will be playing. It looks like a little village in the middle of the mountains and close to the edge of the West Bank. Probably not as cool.

Crawford does lots of good things on the BB court. Unfortunately, some of his not so good things end up being spectacularly, LOL bad. Either in timing or in the way the play happens. So the bad plays tend to be magnified out of proportion.

Exposure is not the same as accolades. Crawford got exposure. John Collins got accolades.

Some career achievements would have helped Crawford's case for a better overseas contract. Actually being top 5 career scorer at Wake is better than "was on pace to be top 5 scorer at Wake."

You are officially grasping at straws.

Do people actually think any pro scout for any league anywhere on the planet gives a shit about whether a player is top 5 in his school’s record book?

Gray is 8th and O’Kelley is 9th. Did anyone care about that, or is top 5 the cut off?

Wut?

ummm, yeah. Crawford is good at the things that sportswriters use to vote for all conference selections. He probably would be one of the leaders in the league in both scoring and assists and when you do that you often get all acc votes (Crawford's ceiling if he had a really good senior year is probably 2nd team and more likely 3rd team). Scouts are looking at a whole different set of parameters than sportswriters though, and its those kind of parameters that Crawford struggles so much with. So yeah, scouts could see an all conference player and not be as impressed. Justin Gray was a freakin' first team All ACC player and never played one second in a NBA game but has made a steady career in Europe over the last decade and I bet his agent uses his ALL ACC in every single negotiation.

Good for Crawford. This was the inevitable result of his decision (and Moore’s). Hope it works out for him. It is pretty clear that there are differing opinions on the wisdom of his choice. He’s a grown man in the real world now. It’s up to him to make a life of it.

ummm, yeah. Crawford is good at the things that sportswriters use to vote for all conference selections. He probably would be one of the leaders in the league in both scoring and assists and when you do that you often get all acc votes (Crawford's ceiling if he had a really good senior year is probably 2nd team and more likely 3rd team). Scouts are looking at a whole different set of parameters than sportswriters though, and its those kind of parameters that Crawford struggles so much with. So yeah, scouts could see an all conference player and not be as impressed. Justin Gray was a freakin' first team All ACC player and never played one second in a NBA game but has made a steady career in Europe over the last decade and I bet his agent uses his ALL ACC in every single negotiation.

Have you changed employers since your first job post college? I have, and no one cares even a little bit what my grades were at WF. The only thing that matters is the experience I’ve gained in the real world.

Tsmoki-Minsk didn’t care one bit about what Gray did 9 years previously in college; they cared about what he did for Apollon Limassol.

I read that article about Israeli basketball, and thought "a paid-for seaside apartment sounds pretty cool." Then I Google mapped the place in which Bryant will be playing. It looks like a little village in the middle of the mountains and close to the edge of the West Bank. Probably not as cool.

it is about 90 minutes from the beach. In not a particularly nice part of Israel.

Somehow this board has managed to try and denigrate its own degree. This is a surprising development. You can think that Crawford made a good decision by going pro and also not invalidate the value of a top 30 university’s degree.

I’m not certain why some of you went to Wake if you don’t value the degree above the many cheaper and easier degrees that could have been pursued at lesser universities. You could have saved yourself a lot of money and work by attending App State.

Somehow this board has managed to try and denigrate its own degree. This is a surprising development. You can think that Crawford made a good decision by going pro and also not invalidate the value of a top 30 university’s degree.

I’m not certain why some of you went to Wake if you don’t value the degree above the many cheaper and easier degrees that could have been pursued at lesser universities. You could have saved yourself a lot of money and work by attending App State.

Horrible post. You've had many good ones but this is just absolute thoughtless horseshit.

Or some of us have become adults, lived our lives, met people we may have once considered #publicschoolfilth and realized that we aren’t better than them just because we went to Wake.

It's also not a denigration of the wf degree as much as a reminder that having any degree is the important requirement. Certain degrees might open a specific door but on the whole the name on the diploma is secondary to the field the degree is in. After your first job it's just a check box for the hr recruiter.

Back