• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullied 10 Year Old Girl Commits Suicide

DCav06 and Raleigh, your experiences are completely irrelevant to the story at hand. Girls bullying each other is a completely different type of bullying than guy bullying. It's a lot more underhanded and there exists more of a gang-up mentality.

Completely agree. My girlfriend was watching a show on bullying on Dr. Phil a couple of weeks ago. The techniques they were teaching these kids would only empower a bully more. It was ridiculous. Just step up and punch the fucking kid in the face.

Seriously, doesn't anyone watch A Christmas Story any more. I mean it's on for 24 straight hours every Christmas day.

Kids these days could learn a lot Ralphie kicking the shit out of Farkus and his yellow eyes.

DCav06 and Raleigh, your experiences are completely irrelevant to the story at hand. Girls bullying each other is a completely different type of bullying than guy bullying. It's a lot more underhanded and there exists more of a gang-up mentality.

agreed. girls in middle school may be the cruelest people in the world.

I am pretty non-confrontational to be honest, but sometimes you have to stand up for yourself.

Absolutely agree, and will teach my children the same. Bullied in middle school until I stood in the hallway and dared the kid to punch me in the face. When he didn't, and it was clear that I was willing to get hit to prove a point, it stopped.

Bullying isn't new. It's a lot more pervasive and persistent now because of the internet. Bullying isn't confined to the playground or school anymore. It follows these kids home. If there isn't a loving support system to balance it out, it's not hard to imagine a kid thinking that things will never get better.

agreed. girls in middle school may be the cruelest people in the world.

Everyone should dogsit two female dogs with alpha mentality at least once in their life. You really don't understand what an insult the word bitch is till you do so. And lots of middle school girls are just total bitches.

Last edited:
Bullying isn't new. It's a lot more pervasive and persistent now because of the internet. Bullying isn't confined to the playground or school anymore. It follows these kids home. If there isn't a loving support system to balance it out, it's not hard to imagine a kid thinking that things will never get better.

Great point.

If I were a parent I don't know how I'd keep my kid away from the internet but I'd want to.

Not sure it makes a huge difference, frankly.

I think it definitely does. My younger sister dealt with some pretty horrible bullying when she was in HS. I know for a fact that several girls used Myspace (it was still big, then, for HS'ers) to intimidate her, talk about her etc. and it made things a lot worse for her.

While I do not necessarily agree that it is always a different type of bullying, I will agree that confrontation may not resolve as much with female on female bullying.

Guys have had enough and stick up for themselves, get in a fight, whatever, and that is usually it.

Girls fight back and that often just causes escalation. They seem much less likely move on. Instead, they come up with new and more horrible things to do to the person.

I am too far removed from being a kid to remember exactly how bad it felt to be made fun of back then, but even today when people look at my engagement photos on the shewoman thread and then tag that I equal Chaz Bono... :rulz:

:notbitter:

Last edited:
Oddly enough, the number of fights between girls at my HS was almost equal to the number of guy fights. Girls did not like other girls looking at their boyfriend, or talking junk about they momma.

Oddly enough, the number of fights between girls at my HS was almost equal to the number of guy fights. Girls did not like other girls looking at their boyfriend, or talking junk about they momma.

One of the craziest fights ever in high school was two girls fighting over this one dude. He just kept egging it on and they kept getting into it until one day, in the back parking lot of course, they just freaking went at it!

Best. Fight. Ever.

Whole thing lasted a good 4-5 minutes. One girl got her head driven into the side of her own car, which made a dent. (in the car, not her head...) Other girl actually was being swung through the air by her hair, until it ripped out of her head and she went skidding across the pavement.

She stood up with blood flowing down her face like Dusty Rhodes in his heyday and screamed, "I AM GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!"

And then one of her friends dragged her out of there.

Sadly I think this is very true. We are so conditioned to not resort to violence that kids especially don't see another avenue. They are taught to turn tail and run from trouble at all costs rather than engaging.

I am pretty non-confrontational to be honest, but sometimes you have to stand up for yourself.

Same sort of thing happened to me back in elementary school. Kid two grades ahead of me kept fucking with me on the playground. (Kids in my grades never did because I was usally bigger than all of them.)

Anyway he knocked me out of a swing one day and I calmly stood up, walked over to him, grabbed his arm and whipped him into the swingset frame. End of the issue.

Agree with this. My 10 year-old got hit by another kid at school. MY first thought was, I hope he hit him back to keep the little sh*t from messing with him again.

One of the craziest fights ever in high school was two girls fighting over this one dude. He just kept egging it on and they kept getting into it until one day, in the back parking lot of course, they just freaking went at it!

Best. Fight. Ever.

Whole thing lasted a good 4-5 minutes. One girl got her head driven into the side of her own car, which made a dent. (in the car, not her head...) Other girl actually was being swung through the air by her hair, until it ripped out of her head and she went skidding across the pavement.

She stood up with blood flowing down her face like Dusty Rhodes in his heyday and screamed, "I AM GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!"

And then one of her friends dragged her out of there.

My junior year of HS we moved to VA and I went from private school to public. Typical d-bag private school kids were joking with me about, "Be careful it's dangerous... ha ha."

First day of school, fight breaks out between two chicks in the parking lot over a guy I played football with. One girl took her softball bat to the other girls head and was slamming her head against the car hood. One girl had to get her jaw wired shut. The other went to jail.

Back