• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullied 10 Year Old Girl Commits Suicide

but that's not how real life works, either. If you're highly skilled and compete, you do make money simply competing. You can even get endorsements or other jobs because you're competitive enough to run in the upper tier, both in sports and "real" jobs/politics.

sarcasm.

lolz, i missed the word "executed". based on the rest of the post and the beginning of that sentence i assumed you just said the contestants should be excluded going forward.

I'm sure it may be a little bit of an act, but there are plenty of girls (and guys) who get straight As and are really actually pretty ditzy and it's not just an act. It's also so easy to get good grades as a teenager if you put half an effort

Yeah, I know there's some truth to what you're saying...but I still think it's more of an act than anything. I think it equates to kids not wanting to be different from their peers, so they play themselves down to make sure they aren't scrutinized and, eventually, bullied by the kids who really ARE that stupid and need a way to even the playing field for themselves. Nothing is as terrifying for a teenager as being different.

lolz, i missed the word "executed". based on the rest of the post and the beginning of that sentence i assumed you just said the contestants should be excluded going forward.

Ha! Gotcha. That makes more sense then. I certainly didn't think that one would slip by you so easily.

Absolutely. All these reality competition shows merely perpetuate the "participation ribbon problem." People that don't win Top Chef, American Idol, et al routinely go on to have fine careers and even become/remain popular.

Obviously it would be much more realistic and helpful to the youth of today if each contestant was executed when he or she was eliminated from the show.

Yeah, I know there's some truth to what you're saying...but I still think it's more of an act than anything. I think it equates to kids not wanting to be different from their peers, so they play themselves down to make sure they aren't scrutinized and, eventually, bullied by the kids who really ARE that stupid and need a way to even the playing field for themselves. Nothing is as terrifying for a teenager as being different.

You may be right, I never noticed it in high school (of course that was 10+ years ago), but in reality, most of my high school classes were pretty segregated into Honors/AP crowd who by definition were smart (or at least wanted to be smart). I don't really remember my mindset in middle school, but I don't think I had any pressure to play dumb....then again, I'm a dude. That and I graduated 81st out of 273 people in my public high school class in GPA (I got into Wake, so it was at least pretty decent, right?) i don't say that to brag (because that's not good) but I say that to illustrate that my class was full of smart kids (or at least overacheivers) so maybe my perspective is skewed a little. I would've been top 20 in the class above or below me.

My high school cousin just invited me to a facebook group in memory of a 12 year old girl in the county who committed suicide on Monday after being bullied in school. This is a different incident than all of the other ones mentioned in this thread.

I remember some douche kid that I had grown up with all through school started feeling bad about himself so he would constantly just poke me and push me and shit for no reason...this was in 9th grade and we came back from lunch one day and he either said something to me or poked me in the side...

I sat behind him in class, and before everyone was back from lunch I got this fit of rage and just pulled back and roundhouse slapped him in the side of the head (I guess I figured it'd be dumb to punch him in the back of the head)....knocked him out of the chair....I kinda blacked out before I did it and snapped out of it as he was on the floor...

Amazingly with 10-12 kids in the class no one seemed to see it....he started acting like a cowering bitch around me from then on....afraid to speak to me and never touched me again...

Only time I've ever even been close to a "fight" if you can call it that....other than shoving this 200lb 6th grader on his ass when he was starting shit with my brother in the locker room.

Back